Not open for further replies.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
New York metro page only lists cities in NY

Connecticut only lists cities in Connecticut

New Jersey however, does list NYC.

Kinda strange..

VE3RADIO

I think Pike County is close to NYC.. some parts of PA are considered part of the greater NYC area. (Delwater Gap area along I80 etc)

D

DaveNF2G

I can see crossover between NY and NJ because of entities such as the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey.

Maybe Pike County hosts an entity or radio facility that belongs to NYC, similarly to the upstate radio facilities for the agency that patrols reservoirs that feed water to NYC.

ibagli

I expect it's because Pike County is in the "New York–Newark–Jersey City, NY–NJ–PA Metropolitan Statistical Area."

Last edited:

mark40

Premium Subscriber
One unique item of note is that Pike County PA borders NY & NJ. The tri-state borders meet just south of the bridge on I-84 that crosses the Delaware River. When you cross from PA into NY you just narrowly shave NJ. There is a marker on the peninsula of Carpenter's Point, just a few feet south of the bridge where the three states meet. It is accessible by car from Laurel Grove cemetery in Port Jervis NY. It's kinda neat to stand on the marker and be in three states at once.

Mark 40
Pike Co. PA

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
Tri State Rock

One unique item of note is that Pike County PA borders NY & NJ. The tri-state borders meet just south of the bridge on I-84 that crosses the Delaware River. When you cross from PA into NY you just narrowly shave NJ. There is a marker on the peninsula of Carpenter's Point, just a few feet south of the bridge where the three states meet. It is accessible by car from Laurel Grove cemetery in Port Jervis NY. It's kinda neat to stand on the marker and be in three states at once.

Mark 40
Pike Co. PA

I have been to that marker. If I remember it correctly, it has the border line of all three states carved into the rock. Which is also know as "The Tri-State Rock" ....:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.