CBSA Freq's

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankh

FWIW here in windsor once the new RCMP system was up all the old CBSA frequency's went silent so this will likely be the scenario in other areas as the RCMP system comes online

VE3TMT

Premium Subscriber
Thank you,

I have been scanning the 165-168 and 411-413 range and not hearing much. But I am a good 25km from the border crossing.

DaveH

VE3RADIO

I know at the airports in Toronto they are on the trunk systems.. at pearson they are on the new P25.. they were on the Peel system.. at Bishop they are on the Cap+ TRBO system. (I think.. they have moto radios)

CBSA at border crossings use low power TAIT UHF portables (408Mhz) for 99% of comms. The Odd time if they have to chase or com with near by crossings they will use a UHF MPT-1327 comercial system (as they do in Niagara) They also have access to the RCMP system (for joint opps).

Last edited:

Jammin_Jay

The IBET radio system, shared between rcmp , us border patrol, and both us and canadian customs.
i have a lengthy info article on it, if you want to private ,msg me.

THEY actually have a body (board) that maintains and implements the system, made up
of canadian and us officials.

They used to have interoperability issues in the past, but for the most part this has bern fixed.
This means the connection between the current canadian agency radios rcmp, customs, canadian coast guard with that of us border patrol radio system, customs, and us coast guard.

These radio systems are encrypted, p25. And most comms you will be lucky to hear in the clear is when a us border patrol connects interopt to a county sherrif or state patrol on a non encypted radio system by interopt patch.

rcmp radio system has talkgroups, for interoperability, between can and us systems. So the usbp, and rcmp would communicate on a system with a tg or channel designated for that specific reason between the 2 agencies.

Jammin_Jay

Police Chief Magazine - View Article

Policing more than 5,200 miles of border has its challenges. The greatest challenge—beyond the remoteness, the lack of infrastructure, and the sheer size of the task—is that line of demarcation drawn on the map. For law enforcement in both Canada and the United States, that line has long been a barricade to effective cooperation. It establishes two distinct countries, two governments, two sets of laws, and myriad bureaucratic and legal encumbrances that hinder each country’s ability to effectively enforce its respective customs and border enforcement mandates.

Last edited by a moderator:

bosco836

Is there somewhere where there is a "Master List" of CBSA frequencies (ideally - sorted by region). I checked the County Wide Section on the Database with negative results.

If not - where would one go about locating these frequencies?

Status
Not open for further replies.