Psr 600 mute encryption?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fordman2006

On the new Tmr2 700mhz p25 system in Nova Scotia the rcmp are starting to switch over and I hear the garble when they talk. I know they're encrypted but my question is on the old 800mhz analog/digital system the scanner wouldn't even stop on the talkgroup if it's encrypted and on the new system it stops on the wildcard ! Should I just lock it out? Is there a setting to stop it from stopping on the encrypted talkgroups?

talkpair

Create a talk group for the encrypted talk group and lock it out in the setup menu.

This should prevent the scanner from stopping on that group when wildcarding.

fordman2006

Thanks I'll try that! I just find it weird that it doesn't do that on the other system, I have the rcmp programmed in the old system and it doesn't stop on the talkgroup unless the encryption is off and I can hear them. On the new system I have ehs and fire programed and a wildcard so I can hear the new stuff coming online and this week it's always stopping on a new talkgroup ID that is scrambled, I might have to lock it out until I figure out who it is.

N8IAA

The old Moto Type II is a mixed mode 3600 baud system that will block the ENC TG's.
The new system is 9600 baud, P-25, and won't block the ENC TG's. When running a Wildcard, you will always hear in the clear and ENC comms. It sucks. Unless you have a 396/996XT, or PSR-800/ WS-1080, you won't block the ENC and get the clear comms.
I have one TG on a system I listen to here in GA that has the officer encrypted and the dispatch in the clear. It only runs on my 800 and HP-1.
Larry

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Thanks I'll try that! I just find it weird that it doesn't do that on the other system, I have the rcmp programmed in the old system and it doesn't stop on the talkgroup unless the encryption is off and I can hear them. On the new system I have ehs and fire programed and a wildcard so I can hear the new stuff coming online and this week it's always stopping on a new talkgroup ID that is scrambled, I might have to lock it out until I figure out who it is.

As talkpair suggested, that should do the trick on your PSR 600 ;)
To help identify the encrypted agency, just keep track of the radio id's and match them with other agencies in your area.

n9zas

fordman2006

Thanks, now I know why it does it on 1 system and not on the other! When it comes up on the wildcard I can lock it out from there and when I put the id's in the scanner with the name of the talkgroup I just won't program the rcmp!

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Thanks, now I know why it does it on 1 system and not on the other! When it comes up on the wildcard I can lock it out from there and when I put the id's in the scanner with the name of the talkgroup I just won't program the rcmp!

IF you lockout your wildcard then you won't hear anything new that comes up, so instead program the encrypted tg into a list as if you wanted to scan it, then tag and lockout that tg. :wink:

n9zas

fordman2006

Ok I know what u mean, when it comes up on the screen on the bottom I can press lock out talkgroup, trunking system or store so I press talkgroup lock out and it puts it in my list and locks it out!

N8IAA

Ok I know what u mean, when it comes up on the screen on the bottom I can press lock out talkgroup, trunking system or store so I press talkgroup lock out and it puts it in my list and locks it out!

Also, when you finally program it to just scan the ID's, don't program it in if it's ENC. That way you won't have to keep pressing the LOUT button:)
You may want to use Pro96com to see what is and isn't ENC on the new system.
Larry

wbswetnam

IF you lockout your wildcard then you won't hear anything new that comes up, so instead program the encrypted tg into a list as if you wanted to scan it, then tag and lockout that tg. :wink:

n9zas

I tried that, and it doesn't work. My local PD uses talk groups on the statewide TRS and they are 100% encryption on all talk groups Every time I turn on the unit, in no time there they are again - my lovely fully encrypted local PD. I've tried creating a new talk group and locking it out several times in the scan list, but it never seems to work.

Are you locking it out via the software,or just hitting lockout when it comes upon the radio during monitoring?...If its locked out via software and programmed that way than it will remain locked out..
if its while scanning than its just a temp lock out and when you shut the radio off,then turn it back on it will clear all your lock outs..
Program the ENC TGs and lock them out via Win500 or ARC500..upload that data..and you should be A-O-K...

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
I tried that, and it doesn't work. My local PD uses talk groups on the statewide TRS and they are 100% encryption on all talk groups Every time I turn on the unit, in no time there they are again - my lovely fully encrypted local PD. I've tried creating a new talk group and locking it out several times in the scan list, but it never seems to work.

Are manually sitting on the wildcard or scanning it? The talkgroup/wildcard lockout function doesn't work if you're manually sitting on the wildcard, only if your scanning it on one of your scanlists.

if its while scanning than its just a temp lock out and when you shut the radio off,then turn it back on it will clear all your lock outs..
Program the ENC TGs and lock them out via Win500 or ARC500..upload that data..and you should be A-O-K...

Or you can just FUNC - L/OUT to permanently lock it out using the keypad if you're in the field and don't feel like breaking out software to lockout a single talkgroup. The top right corner will show a L (permanent lockout) as opposed to an l (normal) or flashing l (temporary lockout).

wbswetnam

Or you can just FUNC - L/OUT to permanently lock it out using the keypad if you're in the field and don't feel like breaking out software to lockout a single talkgroup. The top right corner will show a L (permanent lockout) as opposed to an l (normal) or flashing l (temporary lockout).

Func + Lockout... that did it! Thx

Status
Not open for further replies.