My lil bedroom shack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nysff

I am disabled thus spend ALOT of time in bed. So I got a mobile computer base and attached it to my nightstand and set up my own lil work station. I do have a desk that I have my other scanner at that provides my feed but I rearly make it there.

It not much but it gets my job done!

9cffd95dc3e50d1113cc8ebc138cb658_zpsf53af43d.jpg

mhscan

Scannerbuff999 Duplicate Account
Banned
i know i just had a stroke
myself hang in there i know you have lots of time on your hands
keep working at it i am now walking not great but it is a walk
hang in there it took at a lot of work

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Glad you are able to have a setup so that you can still enjoy scanning and monitoring.

What are you running in the bottom right corner of your laptop? I know what the other two are but can't tell what that is.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Nice setup. :wink:

I have a handiham buddy who's also disabled in bed much of the time, and I Modified a hospital tray table for him with a second level of two shelves for his gear. I secured the radios to the table and mounted extra casters for stability.
I wrapped all the cables and power leads with spiral tubes to prevent tangles.

Just an idea for you...

n9zas

Nysff

That's the audio player that bob from ProScan put out. I use that to sent the audio to the two tone software.

I LOVE that I can run the 536 wireless. Only thing I have to do this spring is run a line and splitter to my antenna mast. The 536 is for now running off a mag mount antenna. Does the job but can't pick up things like I do on the other unit at the desk. Plus I want to add another 10 ft to the antenna itself to make it 35ft high.

Last edited:

N2AL

That s a pretty nice setup. Have you thought about venturing into Ham Radio? I believe you would find it quite enjoyable. The great thing about amateur radio is, all the different modes you can work. FM; AM; SSB; Digital; Packet; CW; and the list continues. I've been a ham for a few years now after I came to the hobby via my career in public safety. One of the things I enjoy most is there are never enough things to learn, and once you learn something there is always something new to try.

73 to you.

Andrew
N4AWL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.