Uniden Bearcat BCD996P2

Status
Not open for further replies.

n3ouc

Premium Subscriber
That is a surprise!!! I have the 996xt and it does very well on Phase I P25. I would hope it does just as well on Phase II.

n3ouc

Premium Subscriber
No, your right it does not do Phase II at present. I was saying it does well on Phase I P25 and I hoped that the new P2 will do just as well on Phase II as the XT model does on Phase I.

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
According to the Universal site this is coming out in two weeks. Interesting. Well, people did say they wanted a Phase 2 scanner like the 996...well, there it is!

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
I don't even have it in me this round lol. Uniden has officially sucked the life out of me.

In all seriousness, I wonder if the remote head will work with this model?

VE3TMT

Premium Subscriber
No, your right it does not do Phase II at present. I was saying it does well on Phase I P25 and I hoped that the new P2 will do just as well on Phase II as the XT model does on Phase I.

Ahh gotcha. Listening to the OPP on P25 is crystal clear on my 996, I am quite happy with it.

scanrat

Premium Subscriber
I have three 996xt's and love this model. I'm in a rural area that is using P25 phase 1, but they are upgrading the whole system and don't know if it will be phase 2 or not. Any way if it is phase 2, I will buy one in a heartbeat. I'll admit it was hard to learn how to program these but once you get it figured out it's really easy to manually program. GOOD JOB UNIDEN!!!!

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
I wonder if they used the same lousy discriminator tap in this scanner... Or have they learned their lesson from CQPSK simulcast issues from the rest of their scanners

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

puzzleriddle

According to the Universal site this is coming out in two weeks. Interesting. Well, people did say they wanted a Phase 2 scanner like the 996...well, there it is!

hmm does this mean FULL keypad able to use programs like unitrunker
pro96com etc with t?:) and a pcif port like most others?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
It will even work with all the BCD996XT software once said software is given a very minor tweak (needs to recognize BCD996P2 as a model). I passed the info to the major developers a few weeks ago, so suspect that they have something pretty much on-tap and ready to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.