Wayne County NEPA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fdnavy

Premium Subscriber
I was wondering if anyone knows if the Wayne county Fire dispatch repeater is located at the same place as the EMS repeater. I pick up all the EMS dispatches but I cannot pick up anything on the fire dispatch Frequency on my scanner. I am in Tafton PA which is right on the border of Pike County and Wayne county.

Steveradio

According to FCC Data base each frequency has 5 fixed locations or relay points attached to it the dispatch frequency of 151.415 and the EMS 155.3100

Since Im sure Wayne is pretty much like monroe Co working in the southern end be lucky if can even pick up units working on a repeater in northern part of the county. '

Terrain, and other things factor in, they may only switch towers to the area your in when your local fire department gets toned out, check antenna placement.

Good Luck

popnokick

Premium Subscriber
On 155.310 EMS dispatches are usually transmitted twice consecutively, and from two different sites. I hear them both but one is much weaker than the other. I'm in the south end of the county so I assume the weaker one is farther north. Can you hear either of the EMS dispatches on 155.310.... or nothing at all?

popnokick

Premium Subscriber
FDnavy- What is the antenna on your scanner? When I used the back-of-set telescoping antenna that came with my scanner I heard very little Wayne Co activity. Once I put an Off-Center Fed Dipole in my attic, the Wayne Co freqs came alive. An outdoor antenna on the roof would be even better (e.g. an Antennacraft ST-2), but an OCFD is very easily put together and placed in an attic or window. Instructions to make one are here in the RR Wiki - Homebrewed Off-Center Fed Dipole - The RadioReference Wiki
All you may need is a better antenna.

Status
Not open for further replies.