PORTLAND MAINE SWITCHING TO P25 RADIO system

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScanMaine

Premium Subscriber
Portland communications, dispatch system ‘has reached its end of life’ — Portland — Bangor Daily News — BDN Maine

PORTLAND, Maine — While the existing city communications system is still “solid,” according to Police Chief Michael Sauschuck, the time has come for something new.

“We know we have a system that has reached its end of life,” Sauschuck said Monday about the network that handles more than 66,000 emergency calls annually and communications between city departments.

http://me-portland.civicplus.com/AgendaCenter/ViewFile/Item/468?fileID=2449

Last edited by a moderator:

mainetrunk

They will probably put it on E-bay.. So, here we go -again-.. Another digital system to guess on and post rumors. They will probably have a state patch. The 1st question is--will everyone be on it or just pd fire and e-m-s?

toastycookies

so they are keeping their 10 800mhz freq's to work with? i just briefly skimmed the .pdf

i lived in portland for a few years, but now am back up in the midcoast area, way too far away to pickup their 800mhz system so i guess it will not apply to me anyways.

however, some of their old equipment for cheap/free would be fun to tinker with.

sfd745

Reverend Higgy
Database Admin
The last I heard from the radio guys in Portland, the system is staying the same except they are going to clean up the talk groups and use P25 digital trunking instead of analog trunking. PD has some encryption now, and will have expanded encryption options when everything is said and done. ALL agencies on the current system will migrate to the new system.

Higgy

ME343

ME/NH/VT DB Admin
Database Admin
will they stay on same freqs or just introduce it all on the same freqs.. Seems to me it would make it a hell of alot of confusing if they have to get new freqs and stuff

Did you even read the report? They are keeping the same 10 channels(Freqs) they have.

ScanMaine

Premium Subscriber
Ya I read the report. I am Dialectics and I also have trouble reading. I POSTED IT!!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.