After latest F/W upgrade having CC drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

OHIOSCAN

Since upgrading to the latest 536 F/W I am having problems with CC dropping on TYPE II SMARTZONE 800. My 436 running on the same repeater has never dropped the CC, prior to upgrading I never have had any problems CC drops.

Anybody else experiencing this?

Mike

Voyager

Are you sure you're not hearing a MDT or some other data talkgroup? What does the display show?

budevans

Since upgrading to the latest 536 F/W I am having problems with CC dropping on TYPE II SMARTZONE 800. My 436 running on the same repeater has never dropped the CC, prior to upgrading I never have had any problems CC drops.

Anybody else experiencing this?

Mike

Mike,

Are you getting this on the (old) MARCS system? The reason I ask, I have recently been hearing a buzz or CC like noise on the MARCS system with my 436.

It just happens occasionally, no consistent pattern. Some times I just get the (buzz) noise other times the noise lasts for a second or two and then the voice comes in.

OHIOSCAN

Yes it is on the old MARCS 800, it's definitely the CC sound. I will have to try and pay attention to what else pops up I usually hit scan real quick because its so damn annoying.

Mike

budevans

Yes it is on the old MARCS 800, it's definitely the CC sound. I will have to try and pay attention to what else pops up I usually hit scan real quick because its so damn annoying.

Mike

One thing I noticed today while monitoring. So far all of the TG's that have experienced the CC noise have been out of the area. Example Canton2 OSP, Ashtabula OSP, Lake Erie Correctional (located in Conneaut).

Might a system interconnect problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.