• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

vxr-1000v reads programing but won't write

Status
Not open for further replies.

jondoeaux

Premium Subscriber
I'm using a VXR-1000v on a Kenwood tk-7180. I need to change the frequency in the vertex to a new frequency. The CE-22 software will allow me to read the 1000 but it won't let me change the programing. I get the error "Problem detected with connection to interface box". Does anyone have any ideas? I have about 6 of these to reprogram and I have the same problem on the 2 I've tried.

jeatock

Premium Subscriber
I'm using a VXR-1000v on a Kenwood tk-7180. I need to change the frequency in the vertex to a new frequency. The CE-22 software will allow me to read the 1000 but it won't let me change the programing. I get the error "Problem detected with connection to interface box". Does anyone have any ideas? I have about 6 of these to reprogram and I have the same problem on the 2 I've tried.

Fine units, but CE22 is finicky and doesn't work correctly in a DOS window. Writing to the eprom has to be S-L-O-W. I use my tired old 286 MS-DOS 6.11 machine and a real serial port with few (note I said 'few', not 'no') problems. As of a year or so ago there was no Windows-based program, but that may have changed.

Also, are you using a VHF to VHF in-band setup? I do quite a few of those, but they perform poorly unless you use the bandpass & notch filters and have the VX1000V far away from the mobile frequencies. The FCC is (or is supposed to be) allocating a few low power freq's above 173MHz for this exact purpose.

Last edited:

jondoeaux

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, I have tried a 386 dos machine I pieced together just for this and couldn't even get it to read. I'm using a old toughbook now and it reads only. Will keep trying. Another question, is there a master/slave setting in these that I'm not finding? My department has several of these and IF I can ever get them to program it would be nice to set that up also.

jeatock

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, I have tried a 386 dos machine I pieced together just for this and couldn't even get it to read. I'm using a old toughbook now and it reads only. Will keep trying. Another question, is there a master/slave setting in these that I'm not finding? My department has several of these and IF I can ever get them to program it would be nice to set that up also.

Its trial and error. And error. And error. And ... Eureka!

Set the cursor in a channel block and right-arrow off the edge of the screen. There's a whole new world hidden over there. Master/Slave is based on who was there first, and if you don't get it set up right they will run in circles around each other until something times out. When it is right it works perfectly.

jeatock

Premium Subscriber
Having just returned from Kansas where I conferred with my fellow wizards ...

You are looking for CE22_v1_09w USA which is a recently released Windows program. I believe that you can get it after you create a user at Vertex's web site.

The Master/Slave enable is per channel off to the far right.

Last edited:

jondoeaux

Premium Subscriber
Having just returned from Kansas where I conferred with my fellow wizards ...

You are looking for CE22_v1_09w USA which is a recently released Windows program. I believe that you can get it after you create a user at Vertex's web site.

The Master/Slave enable is per channel off to the far right.

Thanks again. There is a lot of stuff to play with to the left! I looked at vertex web site and can't find where to create an account but will keep looking.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
https://businessonline.vertexstandard.com/Login.aspx?error=NoLogin1&ReturnUrl=/default.asp

To register as a new user:
https://businessonline.vertexstandard.com/Member/admin/newvsoluser/newtovsol.asp

FWIW, during the business day they are very quick to approve new accounts.

You will find what you need in the "resource center" once you are given access then select "Technical Information" and scroll to the VXR-1000. I see the Windows software dated Dec 2012 on my account, so you should get it once you register for access.

jondoeaux

Premium Subscriber
https://businessonline.vertexstandard.com/Login.aspx?error=NoLogin1&ReturnUrl=/default.asp

To register as a new user:
https://businessonline.vertexstandard.com/Member/admin/newvsoluser/newtovsol.asp

FWIW, during the business day they are very quick to approve new accounts.

You will find what you need in the "resource center" once you are given access then select "Technical Information" and scroll to the VXR-1000. I see the Windows software dated Dec 2012 on my account, so you should get it once you register for access.

Thanks. Got my login and found it. I'll see if the windows version does any better. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.