Isle of Wight Applies for 800 MHz P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

clbsquared

They've did some Failsoft testing back in April I believe. 45% coverage. They still do not have all of the towers up and I'm not sure but I don't think the communications center renovations are complete.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

clbsquared

With Terry Hall being involved, I wouldn't be surprised if they encrypted public works and the school buses too. But sadly, yes all public safety is going dark.

rescue674aa

I’m an idiot
Premium Subscriber
Isle of wight

Then they would need to update the xg 100 because there is no enc loaded in the radios. I know that for a fact as I have carried one and used it a couple of days ago.

clbsquared

They're not using Harris radios. While I suppose it's possible that independent agencies associated with county services have purchased Harris radios, It's a Motorola system. And how is it possible that you're using a radio on a system that's not even operational yet? They haven't even upgraded the dispatch center. They're supposedly relocating it to York County temporarily, until the remodel is complete.

What exactly do you do for the county anyway?

rescue674aa

I’m an idiot
Premium Subscriber
Isle of wight

No need to worry about what I do or who I know. We have our VHF system in the radios. I will gladly take a picture and send it up here. I was just saying when I was messing with them there was no enc feature on the radio.

clbsquared

No need to worry about what I do or who I know. We have our VHF system in the radios. I will gladly take a picture and send it up here. I was just saying when I was messing with them there was no enc feature on the radio.

I respect your desire for anonymity. Just because your radio doesn't have encryption now, doesn't mean it will not be loaded at a later date if it is indeed to be on the new system. Nothing personal, but I think I'll continue getting my information from those that hold the rank of Major and higher within the county and it's affiliated agencies.

fredva

Feed Provider
I'm not very familiar with the county. I was just curious: Are the volunteer fire departments supportive of the encryption? Or is what they use dictated by county officials?

rescue674aa

I’m an idiot
Premium Subscriber
New system

Words from the radio Tech in Isle of Wight County is this:
OK, the word I have is that Fire/EMS will not be encrypted and will cross patched to the existing VHF frequencies. The Sheriff's Office will be encrypted. It is not known if the two town PDs will be encrypted as of right now. That is the message I just got from the Tech.

rescue674aa

I’m an idiot
Premium Subscriber
Everything will be. I'm sure both PD will be as well. But I'm trying to have a meeting to discuss the encrypting.

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber
Anymore updates about system buildout and migration date? Looks like a new tower? At the 911 center behind the Sheriff’s Office on 258

Status
Not open for further replies.