Vancouver EDACS System

Status
Not open for further replies.

VancouverScan

Can someone here in Vancouver provide me with a Vscanner file in ARC500, please. I have a Pro-651 and downloaded Grant Hill and all 300 talk groups however my scanner lost its ears, there is not enough memory to add all 13 sites with talkgroups. I have a PSR-800 and was able to input all 13 sites with the talk groups and works great.
Thank you in advance for your help

FSCOTT

VACOUVER PD

Can you say for sure that this agency is ProVoice encrypted or Provoice ESK ?

How do you determine this?

Scott 727-835-8639

The questions were asked on ScanBC PM with no action.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Can you say for sure that this agency is ProVoice encrypted or Provoice ESK ?

How do you determine this?

Scott 727-835-8639

The questions were asked on ScanBC PM with no action.

The system uses ESK. All law enforcement uses Provoice, I do not personally know if they are encrypted or not.

FSCOTT

Thanks for your reply. Do you know anyone who has run Unitrunker on this system ? We are looking for a test site for monitoring but need some preliminary info to set up the equipment. We have been successful with Bexar Texas ( a ProVoice system with ESK ) and would like to try Vancouver.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Thanks for your reply. Do you know anyone who has run Unitrunker on this system ? We are looking for a test site for monitoring but need some preliminary info to set up the equipment. We have been successful with Bexar Texas ( a ProVoice system with ESK ) and would like to try Vancouver.

No idea. Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Grego

Premium Subscriber
Recently I was in Vancouver with my 436HP and could hear fire broadcasts but never got any police communications. Anyone else have this issue?

mmisk

EDACS Provoice DSD and Unitrunker.

Have been listening to EDACS provoice here in Ottawa for years using DSD and Unitrunker.

You can easily tell which provoice talk groups are in the clear or encrypted.

Ottawa is switching to a P25 system and I expect everything will be encrypted.
Won't be much to listen to anymore.

Mike

DaveH

Have been listening to EDACS provoice here in Ottawa for years using DSD and Unitrunker.

You can easily tell which provoice talk groups are in the clear or encrypted.

Ottawa is switching to a P25 system and I expect everything will be encrypted.
Won't be much to listen to anymore.

Mike

Somewhat off-topic I admit but (unless you have specific info to the contrary) no reason for too much
gloom at least yet. City services now on P25 have been clear Phase 1. Some encrypted P25 traffic seems
to correlate to police dispatch TGs on EDACS; that's about all I know at this stage.

Dave

Last edited:

mmisk

Vancouver EDACS reception etc

Hi Dave, Yes I noticed that about the encrypted talk group showing up.
When I have some time I will see if I can match it up to EDACS.

VANCOUVER LISTENERS: how is it going with your reception of the EDACS system out there?

Mike
VE3HRT

dwc

Database Admin
The system is falling apart. Simulcasts are broken in one area or another and some of the LCN's on individual sites are non-functional. As a result you miss some chatter here and there. You regularly hear public safety workers saying 10-9 your last.

Most of the BC guys who monitor this system can be found here; www.scanbc.com • Index page

Cheers,

Status
Not open for further replies.