MARCS question

Status
Not open for further replies.

bucklebd

Premium Subscriber
OK all of Ohio, Why isn't my 536 picking up all of the MARCS radio service, I haven't heard ODOT, Corrections, or ODNR. All I have done is enter zip code for location, and updated the firmware. I am picking up OSP, and local law enforcement, but nothing else. What did I do wrong?

Thanks in advance
Doug, KD8EZD

Last edited by a moderator:

phask

Premium Subscriber
All that you mention are not on MARCS, they have moved to MARCS-IP (as all will soon).

When was the last time you updated your database? You will need to update weekly, or watch the threads in the Ohio forum and do it yourself.

OK all of Ohio, Why isn't my 536 picking up all of the MARC's radio service, I haven't heard ODOT, Corrections, or ODNR. All I have done is enter zip code for location, and updated the firmware. I am picking up OSP, and local law enforcement, but nothing else. What did I do wrong?

Thanks in advance
Doug, KD8EZD

Last edited by a moderator:

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
OK all of Ohio, Why isn't my 536 picking up all of the MARC's radio service, I haven't heard ODOT, Corrections, or ODNR. All I have done is enter zip code for location, and updated the firmware. I am picking up OSP, and local law enforcement, but nothing else. What did I do wrong?

Thanks in advance
Doug, KD8EZD

Glad to see you moved that rock. I suggest you follow this thread for changes to MARCS / MARCSIP.

http://forums.radioreference.com/oh...238-unidentified-new-marcs-ip-talkgroups.html

jasonk

Feed Provider
Make sure you Click Menu > Select Service Types > Turn on Corrections and Public Works and other Service types you want to monitor.

Please report back if this solves your dilema.

Jason

Thanks in advance
Doug, KD8EZD

Status
Not open for further replies.