OPP Hard ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

highstupid

Banned
Does anyone know what the all the hard IDs (ex: 35-xxx) are?
I know:
Central: 1-xxx
2-xxx
3-xxx
4-xxx
HSD: 5-xxx
Western: 6-xxx
EOD: 25-xxx
Community: 86-xxx
Prisoner transfer: 62-xxx
Orillia: 29-xxx
Forensic: 24-xxx
Canine: 35-xxx

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
I know:
2-xxx
3-xxx
4-xxx

The only way to figure out the hard ID's is to listen to the individual cars if they log in over the radio. I have a fir bit of them but not as many as I would like.

Generally any Hard Id that begins with a 7 is First Nations police.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
This may help you out.

Ontario Provincial Police (ON) - The RadioReference Wiki

I know:
2-xxx
3-xxx
4-xxx

My bad, I thought you were looking for Soft ID's, either way, it may still help. This list does need to be updated.

Last edited:

mciupa

Database Admin
I agree with you. That list needs to be overhauled and updated with new information

Well, the WIKI is open source so anyone can update it.
Hopefully we are lucky enough to have someone reading this to edit and update that info.

Muxlow

Super Secret
I can take a peek at the local detachments and see what cars say the county on them and make note of the hard ID if that helps at all?

Some says POLICE on the rear and some have the County names on them

highstupid

Banned
I can take a peek at the local detachments and see what cars say the county on them and make note of the hard ID if that helps at all?

Some says POLICE on the rear and some have the County names on them

I wasn't intending to have a list where a specific car is tied to a county, but a master list of all of the hard ID #s before the hyphen and what they are for. Ex 35-xxx canine, 25-xxx EOD & Diving etc

sirsmiley

Newer cars were getting rid of the county name because the OPP were stretched thin some days and had officers from one county covering another and taxpayers were wondering why they had an officer from one or two counties over responding to calls in their county...it just looks bad over all

mlmummert

Newer cars were getting rid of the county name because the OPP were stretched thin some days and had officers from one county covering another and taxpayers were wondering why they had an officer from one or two counties over responding to calls in their county...it just looks bad over all

As if they didn't notice how long the response took...

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
I have a pretty good list of Hard ID's for the various detachments, but most of the ID's I have are for the Burlington, Niagara and to a lessor extent, Wellington and Port Credit cars.

I don't have an active Microsoft Office account these days, only a web based Software that my wife uses for her work. If I can somehow cut and paste my list I will upload it to the wiki.

I have a good list of the Hard Id's for a bunch of the EMS providers thou from TEMS, York, PRP, Halton, Niagara, etc thou.

What I have been doing since I got Trunk 88 I would wait for a call to go out or when a OPP car would log on, write out the Hard ID and load it on Trunk 88.

When the Home Patrol provided an update to add in Radio Id's I'd list them like this:

Port Credit 5 India 5-472 with the radio Id in braickets so:
Port Credit 5 India 5-472 (6666).

The PSR800 I had didn't give as much room to type out all of the above and the 396XT has even less room so the above became PC 5I 5-472 if I have the Hard Id and PC 5I (6666) if I didn't.

If I am ever in a position to provide the group here a list of what I have I will do some, at worst I can probably email anyone my lists that I made in notepad form or work on another computer here and go from there.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I wasn't intending to have a list where a specific car is tied to a county, but a master list of all of the hard ID #s before the hyphen and what they are for. Ex 35-xxx canine, 25-xxx EOD & Diving etc

In the old days, the first digit after the hyphen would give you the car model.

-3 Crown Vic
-5 Impala
-9 Bronco?

I'm wondering if this still holds true?

Muxlow

Super Secret
Don't think its still the same Mike

Some of the new Interceptors around here start with 6-0** few vics from the same county some are 6-2** some are 6-3**

Not sure if anything more then the first digit has any meaning. Since iv seen some 6-02* with Chatham-Kent on it and then another car from the same county with a 6-3**. And all the CK OPP units soft ID's are 6 Delta Zero number number.

Status
Not open for further replies.