OHP troop H changed PL tone on Low Band

Status
Not open for further replies.

Motoflightmedic

Premium Subscriber
Looks like the OHP will be changing the PL tones for all troops in the near future. It looks like it may have something to do with linking the low band to the 800 system. anybody have any more information?

n5bew1

Troop G recently had lowband and 800 connected somehow for over a week. Everything that came across 800 was also transmitted on lowband and vice versa. A Trooper from Clinton on lowband activated one of Lawton's mobile relays one night and that went out over 800.

Last edited:

Motoflightmedic

Premium Subscriber
this is why i think they are changing the pl tones in each troop now. Troop H now has a 114.8 pl tone on their low band radios.

nermel

On Unitrunker, I noticed some activity for OHP Troop E (Durant) on the Oklahoma City site this evening. I was not near my scanner at the time, so who knows.

mikebennett

Premium Subscriber
On Unitrunker, I noticed some activity for OHP Troop E (Durant) on the Oklahoma City site this evening. I was not near my scanner at the time, so who knows.

As far as I can tell from watching the FCC updates they still don't have any 800 towers up in Troop E, so that is puzzling.

n5bew1

As far as I can tell most every troopers vehicle has an 800 radio whether their troop has an 800 system to use or not. That trooper may have been in range of the the OKC site and had their radio on so that it connected with the OKC site. Every home OU football game troopers from all over the state come to Norman to work game day traffic. They all seem to have 800 radios even if they are from Guymon.

peterjmag

Sounds to me that the radio techs are patching many of the troops still on lowband to be able to key up on lowband into their assigned talkgroup so when 800 coverage is available for that trooper his radio will affiliate with that site. Remember all troops meet in OKC quite oftern for training, meetings, etc so the OKC and surrounding sites are going to receive some unusual traffic M-F 8 to 5. The only thing I have noticed here in the Tulsa metro is that I will hear a trooper call Durant and bleed over on Muskogee C1 42256. I have also heard John units out of Enid get on Perry K1 44560 once and awhile.

mikebennett

Premium Subscriber
As far as I can tell most every troopers vehicle has an 800 radio whether their troop has an 800 system to use or not. That trooper may have been in range of the the OKC site and had their radio on so that it connected with the OKC site. Every home OU football game troopers from all over the state come to Norman to work game day traffic. They all seem to have 800 radios even if they are from Guymon.

I think they do also so that makes sense.

charmingkv

Premium Subscriber
This being the case with the OHP Troops, which scanner do I buy?

I'm in Ardmore, OK. Trying to figure out which scanner to buy that will pick up Troop F. Am I looking for a P25 capable radio? Thanks for any help.

charmingkv

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, but just prior to your message I ordered the Uniden bcd396xt. The specs said Apco 25 capable, but is that the same as P25?

Status
Not open for further replies.