Help with 436 program

Status
Not open for further replies.

hanlonmi06

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

Does anyone have a HP436 file they'd be willing to share for SE Michigan?

I've been programming my GRE 800 for a long time now and i just cannot wrap my head around Unidens approach to allowing the user to organize something like the MPSCS. If i saw a 436 file that worked in this area i think id be able to get a real head start on figuring it all out.

troymail

Silent Key
Hello,

Does anyone have a HP436 file they'd be willing to share for SE Michigan?

I've been programming my GRE 800 for a long time now and i just cannot wrap my head around Unidens approach to allowing the user to organize something like the MPSCS. If i saw a 436 file that worked in this area i think id be able to get a real head start on figuring it all out.

With 194 sites, it's really hard to say how you'd like to import/set this up on your radio. Do you have all of them in your PSR800 or only certain select sites an talkgroups?

Can you send me or post a copy of your PSR800 file?

hanlonmi06

Premium Subscriber
sure, i can do that...looks like sending would be the best option as the file size looks too big to attach.

My PSR800 setup will not be reflective of what the 436 will ultimately look like though. They'll be used for two completely different purposes

I'm not really looking to set it up a certain way- yet. I'm just curious to see any set up at all, I've never once used a Uniden product so I'm just trying to get used to their approach. I think i have a good understanding of the systems in use in my geographic area of interest (macomb and wayne) so if i saw just about any 436/536 set up, it would give me a head start on how sentinel likes to see things organized. i guess i'm just so used to ezscan that i am having a real hard time getting used to sentinel.

kd8ati

Feed Provider
sure, i can do that...looks like sending would be the best option as the file size looks too big to attach.

My PSR800 setup will not be reflective of what the 436 will ultimately look like though. They'll be used for two completely different purposes

I'm not really looking to set it up a certain way- yet. I'm just curious to see any set up at all, I've never once used a Uniden product so I'm just trying to get used to their approach. I think i have a good understanding of the systems in use in my geographic area of interest (macomb and wayne) so if i saw just about any 436/536 set up, it would give me a head start on how sentinel likes to see things organized. i guess i'm just so used to ezscan that i am having a real hard time getting used to sentinel.

If all else fails you could always try looking for a youtube video to explain it. Like yourself I came from the GRE world over to Uniden when they released the 536. It was ultimately youtube that helped me figure out sentinel to the point of being able to create a favorites list.

hanlonmi06

Premium Subscriber
proverbial smack of the forehead. i completely forgot about something like videos on there.

and to kd8ati's point, that's exactly what i'm trying to figure out. i finally get the 436 back in my hands now. when i first acquired it i did the zip code entry, so i was also thinking of trying to upload whats in there and poke around, but i don't think that's going to shed light on "favorites" since none were set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.