Programming Error's

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

retiredmich

I have red some post about programming error's for scanners. And in this certain post there was this advice
to use soft ware to see what the error is, So this means you have to buy the soft ware to get the answer to that error? , there is no book of error's you can down load to find the answer ?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I have red some post about programming error's for scanners. And in this certain post there was this advice
to use soft ware to see what the error is, So this means you have to buy the soft ware to get the answer to that error? , there is no book of error's you can down load to find the answer ?

What error are you getting?

What *exactly* does the error say?

R

retiredmich

No, i am not getting any error's, i red about these in another post & was asking about them.

R

retiredmich

rs pro 106,197,651,652, whistler 1040, 1045, these are basically the same.

ScannerSK

Software is not required to view the errors; the errors will appear on the display of the scanner. Software however may help to locate an error and correct it easier than if you do not have software (example: heap errors).

Shawn

marksmith

I think the main thing here is that if you get the error, which is some sort of a memory srack error or "heap" error, the best way to solve it is to factory reset the radio and then reprogram it. A much easier task if you have it to reload from software.

Error generally happens because you enter a talkgroup without associating it with s system. This makes the system blow up. Shocking that it even allows you to cause the situation.

BCD536HP/HP2/996XT/PSR800/396XT/996T

DickH

Some scanner manuals may have a list of the errors. Usually in the last pages.
Remember the old adage, "When all else fails, read the instructions". :)

Status
Not open for further replies.