Best Utah County System Site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xrboys

Re-programming my 346XT and programming my brother's 346 for the first time. For monitoring in Utah County, which site is best? "Lake IR" has a 25 mile listing but the newer "Provo" at BYU is closer to my house. It is listed at 10 miles. Also, if I may, one more question: Would I want to program in more than one Utah County site to get better coverage in American Fork Canyon, Hobble Creek Canyon or one that would work further up Spanish Fork Canyon or does doing that really slow up your scanning because of the duplication? Thank you.

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Some sites pick up stuff others don't, it's really user preference. I'd program them all in and narrow it down to what u want use hear as u get used to what the sites carry. They can all be very busy but I am not sure on this but I think the simulcast sites carry almost more traffic than the others I could be wrong.. But just test the waters with all the sites then turn off or on the ones u want to hear

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
My scanner is set to monitor ucan for 5 sec and hold for 5 sec so it hangs on ucan quite a bit , I hear more from ucan than local cuz of this, it's up to u

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Junior1970

I monitor Lake and UC Simo and, unless you're in the canyons, you get everything. The provo site is useless unless you want to hear just Provo. AF Canyon you'll need AF Canyon and Clayton to cover Tibble Fork. Wasatch Simo covers Provo Canyon (simo site at Sundance), Hobble creek for Hobble Creek and Teat for Spanish Fork Canyon. That about covers it.

xrboys

Excellent info, that helps a lot. For my use, I think I'll use Lake and UC Simo and see how that works out.
Thanks to all for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.