CAL FIRE Safety Alert - Change in Air/Ground frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duster

Supposedly Retired...
Database Admin
Attached is CAL FIRE Safety Communication 2015-01, related to significant changes to the CDF A/G channel lineup statewide for this fire season. I've been directed by my supervisor to ensure that ANYONE who might need to see this, does so. Therefore, it is being posted here in addition to official distribution. Please forward to anyone in any agency who may work on a California State or Federal wildland fire incident this year. They WILL need to re-program their radios to meet this change.

Last edited:

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
Very cool. Thanks for making this available to those agencies that may need to interface with Cal Fire. I will let my contacts in the public safety community know.

Duster

Supposedly Retired...
Database Admin
I've been on vacation for a week and haven't seen my work email...what happened?

Sent from my Samsung S5 on Tapatalk

f40ph

Feed Provider
I heard they realized the new A/G2 and A/G3 freqs are interstitials right next to the Local Net repeater input freqs in some Units. Using tone 1 could trigger repeaters that are in those areas. Rumor says they'll use tone 16 like the other CalFire tacs. Big meeting tomorrow in Sack-o-tomatoes to hash it out. Again, this is all 3rd hand but somewhat makes sense.

Duster

Supposedly Retired...
Database Admin
Yeah, that makes pretty logical sense. I'm back on Sunday, I'll follow up on it then and put out an update

Sent from my Samsung S5 on Tapatalk

Duster

Supposedly Retired...
Database Admin
Safety Alert **UPDATED**

The UPDATED Safety Alert regarding the 2015 Fire Season CAL FIRE Air-to-Ground Frequency changes has been released:

CHANGES NOTED:
- CTCSS protection changed from Tone 1 to Tone 16 (192.8).
- AG 1 will NOT have Receive side CTCSS for this fire season
- Siskiyou Unit (SKU) has been changed from AG 2 to AG 1 due to a conflict with Oregon.

I will post the actual safety alert shortly. Please ensure wide dissemination of this updated information for the safety of all personnel working on State or Federal fires this season.

Last edited:

Duster

Supposedly Retired...
Database Admin
The actual Safety Alert

Sorry for that...the original document had a couple of pages that shouldn't be placed on a public server IMHO.

Here it is:

Attachments

• Safety Communication 2015-02 Air-Ground Update.pdf
    414.4 KB · Views: 441

f40ph

Feed Provider
I agree, glad you changed that. Maybe take down your original memo. That might get downloaded without your update and confuse someone along the line.

Duster

Supposedly Retired...
Database Admin
I agree, glad you changed that. Maybe take down your original memo. That might get downloaded without your update and confuse someone along the line.

I wanted to, but the post is too old, and it won't let me edit it. Is there another way to remove the original PDF file? I can't even edit the post to say "DO NOT USE"...

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
I wanted to, but the post is too old, and it won't let me edit it. Is there another way to remove the original PDF file? I can't even edit the post to say "DO NOT USE"...
If you posted it here on RR as an attachment, I think you can go to your control panel and delete attachments.

Status
Not open for further replies.