BCDx36HP Sentinel

Status
Not open for further replies.

tpredmore

Does anyone know of a way to upload programming to your scanner without overwriting the talkgroups that you have permanently avoided? I always perform an ID Search for new talkgroups, and permanently avoid talkgroups I am not interested in (public works, etc.). Everytime I update the database in my scanner, the talkgroups that were permanently avoided are no longer avoided and I have to start the process all over again.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know of a way to upload programming to your scanner without overwriting the talkgroups that you have permanently avoided? I always perform an ID Search for new talkgroups, and permanently avoid talkgroups I am not interested in (public works, etc.). Everytime I update the database in my scanner, the talkgroups that were permanently avoided are no longer avoided and I have to start the process all over again.

Read the scanner first in Sentinel and then save it.

Then update the master database and when you write the new DB, also check the box to remove or overwrite your favorites on the scanner.

Then your permanent avoids should be recreated. The trick is to read the scanner first and saving the data before you do any writing or updating.

Make sure you have all your favorites list set to "Download" in sentinel also otherwise they will not be copied back into the scanner when you check the erase favorites list from scanner box when writing the new database.

tpredmore

Read the scanner first in Sentinel and then save it.

Then update the master database and when you write the new DB, also check the box to remove or overwrite your favorites on the scanner.

Then your permanent avoids should be recreated. The trick is to read the scanner first and saving the data before you do any writing or updating.

Make sure you have all your favorites list set to "Download" in sentinel also otherwise they will not be copied back into the scanner when you check the erase favorites list from scanner box when writing the new database.

Thanks for the info. Never thought to read the scanner first. Duh...

Status
Not open for further replies.