Town Of Babylon p25

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
There is a p25 phase 1 system here and it is not showing up in the sentinel software.

Is this because there are no talk groups yet or is there another reason?

How would one get this system into a 436 with all the correct system settings?

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I have that and I have programmed it manually 2 times and it keeps saying nothing to scan. I has a quick key and I gave it a department. Can't figure it out.

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
Dave, export the HPE file and e-mail it over to me.

This system barely reached me when it was the old Type-II system that predated the P25 setup. If I can get any type of a decode on it today with UniTrunker I'll try to start populating the system. It probably isn't showing up in Sentinel because there are no talk groups.

Don57

Premium Subscriber
I'm off from work today so I've got my HP-1 going and I've finally heard something on the Town Of Babylon P25 system. It was the DPW talking quickly about a street in Deer Park. This is the first time I have heard anything from them in years , I'm sure it's been at least 10 years . The last time was when they were on 37 something.

Don57

Premium Subscriber
I've only logged 2 talk groups so far, but I'm not actively watching this system. The two groups I have logged are the only two in the DB: Babylon Town Trunking System, Babylon, New York - Scanner Frequencies

Don, did you have one to add?

I didn't notice the talk group number. I think I was so stunned seeing "Town Of Babylon DPW" on the screen that I didn't take notice. I'm off this Friday so I will lock it on that system for a few hours and if it comes up again I will let you know.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I have been in the area for a few hours now and have not heard a sound on this trs. I have 4 to 5 bars and it says DAT on the bottom indicating data is being received on the control channel.

Not sure if Dat should be on constantly or not.

D

DaveNF2G

DAT means that the system is sending a signal over the control channel that is not only trunking control information.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Been running trunker for an hour lots of joins and log in/outs. 258 259 and 512 look like the new tg's the op was speaking of. Have my 435 running also and have not heard any audio at all. There was 2 calls but was away from the laptop..

Don57

Premium Subscriber
I have been monitoring the Town of Babylon since 8 am this morning. It is now 3 pm and only twice has there been any activity. The first was 1:59 pm and the other at 2:04 pm. Both were on tg 256. I don't understand how a large town like Babylon has so little radio activity. They have the DPW , Animal Control , Engineering Dept and more. I live in a medium sized village with a staff that is a tenth of the size but has 20 times more radio activity. Puzzling

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
It's puzzling. They spent all that money on a digital system and they use it 5 times a day. smh

Don57

Premium Subscriber
I monitored them again today from 8 am to 4 pm. It seems I'm only hearing half of the conversations. There were 3 very short transmissions. All sounded like answers to directions. One was simply "ok" , one was something like "I'll get it" and the other was very short too. They were at 8:30ish am , 1:07 pm and 2:14 pm. I'm sure in the winter there will be more activity while they're plowing snow. All was on tg 256.

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
When I was monitoring the system, the town operated buses were very active. These were "Able Ride" type of pickup and drop-offs. If you guys are saying the system is very quiet, then they must have found a new frequency/system to use.

Don57

Premium Subscriber
I've been listen again this morning and there's been activity on both their DPW and Senior Citizens Transport talk groups.

Status
Not open for further replies.