• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Baofeng BF-F8HP or UV-82 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbear14

Looking into getting one or the other .Need some info on quality and advise on which to purchase. I will be using the radio's to keep in touch with other vol. firefighters responding to calls ( Not for fire ground communications ) ,monitoring dept communications while responding, and amateur radio general use.

WyoDuner

Sorry, I don't have a snide remark - just helpful advice. I would recommend the UV-82. Solid construction - probably the best of the Baofengs. Plus it has very loud and clear audio. I have one and love it even though it is not a "Real" radio. I also have top of the line HTs and mobiles but for banging around the Baofeng is hard to beat.

Use Chirp to program and fix the squelch settings (google it - chirp daily build baofeng squelch).

cbear14

affordable.

I understand it's not a real radio but their affordable to all our personnel. Our Kenwood FD portables cost us over $1200 dollars per radio . The Baofengs will fill a gap to keep our members in touch with each other.Their scanner ability can be utilized as a pager function possibly.The Kenwoods will remain the only emergency operations /fire ground portables ( as they are designed for firefighting ).

WyoDuner

I think they are as "real" as anything else. Maybe not as rugged, waterproof, etc, but they do the job just fine.

toastycookies

Why don't you try the new AnyTone radios?

They are part 95 (MURS/GMRS) and part 90 type accepted and are waterproof per IP53.

They do two tone and 5 tone and sound a lot more useful for a FD radio than any baofeng.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
Why don't you try the new AnyTone radios?

They are part 95 (MURS/GMRS) and part 90 type accepted and are waterproof per IP53.

They do two tone and 5 tone and sound a lot more useful for a FD radio than any baofeng.

Which anytone radios are you referring to?
Can you provide FCC ID numbers?

The ones being advertised on this site: http://www.anytonetech.com while they may be "blessed by God" and this supposed company (website domain is registered to the US Post office in Arlington, SD) claims they are both part 90 and 95 certified, I don't see any FCC ID numbers listed in their 115 page user guide.

I read all the way to the very end, including their Rev. Billy Graham get saved today special offer. But nothing about FCC OET certification.

Reflex439

I agree with WyoDuner, the UV82L over the F8HP. Solid, good audio quality, very reasonable price, with a few minor quirks. Compared to my Yaesu FT60R, the TX/RX quality is about 95% at 1/3rd of the price. I have two UV82Ls that I have been using for a couple years as backups atnd general car knock arounds, so far performed perfectly without a hiccup. hard to beat for the price.

toastycookies

The ones being advertised on this site: http://www.anytonetech.com while they may be "blessed by God" and this supposed company (website domain is registered to the US Post office in Arlington, SD) claims they are both part 90 and 95 certified, I don't see any FCC ID numbers listed in their 115 page user guide.

I read all the way to the very end, including their Rev. Billy Graham get saved today special offer. But nothing about FCC OET certification.

LOL.

Apparently using their radios makes jesus happy even though they are named TERMINATOR and OBLITORATOR and whatever.

But yes, they ARE type accepted.

It just went through the FCC OET db today.

What I have NOT figured out yet is how they can use one FCC ID to cover 4 different radios...

Equipment Specifications
Line
Entry Lower
Frequency Upper
Frequency Power
Output Tolerance Emission
Designator Microprocessor
Number Rule
Parts Grant
Notes
1 151.82000000 154.60000000 0.1900000 0.9700000000 ppm 15K0F3E 95J

Equipment Specifications
Line
Entry Lower
Frequency Upper
Frequency Power
Output Tolerance Emission
Designator Microprocessor
Number Rule
Parts Grant
Notes
1 462.5625 462.725 4.8 0.54 ppm 15K0F3E 95A
2 467.55 467.725 4.55 0.53 ppm 15K0F3E 95A

the FCC ID is T4K-8RSERIES

They only show 2 models in the pics but apparently the single FCC id covers all 4 models.

How?
LOL

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber

FCC Part 90 Certified* --* T4K-QZQX3318

That's for the at-3318uva per Wouxun is history | Buy a better radio, buy Anytone

nd5y

Here are the FCC IDs for the new models sold by AnyTone Tech:
ANILE-8R T4K3208PLUS
NSTIG-8R T4K43208UV
OBLTR-8R TK4-QZQX3318, T4K-8RSERIES
TERMN-8R TK4-QZQX3318, T4K-8RSERIES

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
wrong radio.

we're talking about the new anytonetech.com models.

the 8R's

https://anytonetech.com/radios

Anytone 8R Features - Miklor

I stand corrected, I apologize. I think people assume since these aren't "real radios" they don't meet part certs and I was just posting a part 90 anytone. I like my motos and name brands just as much as most people but for the price the type certified cheap(er) radios aren't terrible. I guess everyone's opinion differs on the matter.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
Here are the FCC IDs for the new models sold by AnyTone Tech:
ANILE-8R T4K3208PLUS
NSTIG-8R T4K43208UV
OBLTR-8R TK4-QZQX3318, T4K-8RSERIES
TERMN-8R TK4-QZQX3318, T4K-8RSERIES

But I don't see where any of those radios are being manufactured by "AnyTone Tech" who's mysterious address is the United States Post Office at 110 Main St, Arlington, SD?

IJS...

toastycookies

But I don't see where any of those radios are being manufactured by "AnyTone Tech" who's mysterious address is the United States Post Office at 110 Main St, Arlington, SD?

IJS...

AnyTone Tech is a distributor.

They do not manufacture anything.

They sell AnyTone radios.

KC9HI

Premium Subscriber
Looking into getting one or the other .Need some info on quality and advise on which to purchase. I will be using the radio's to keep in touch with other vol. firefighters responding to calls ( Not for fire ground communications ) ,monitoring dept communications while responding, and amateur radio general use.

The answer is simple, the UV-82. The BF-F8HP isn't part 90 approved for such use. The UV-82 is.

Jim KC9HI

jitrevino

Premium Subscriber
Trying to decide on which Baofeng UV-82 or ???

Taking my Technician's exam in a couple of weeks. Would like to have my radio on hand and programmed so I can get right to it when my license posts.

I travel for living in my RV. At times I am in rural areas and other times metro. If I upgraded the antenna on the is would the UV-82 still be a good choice for my situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.