BC780XLT & LTR Trunking

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb9hgi

Feed Provider
I have a BC780xlt and I have all the frequency's of the LTR Trunking in the correct order of channels have trunking on have them set for LT but when I set it to scan does not pick anything up and if I go to manual and go to each channel they work and start reading out ID's. Why won't it work in scan mode? I tried it in my BCD996XT and works fine there. Any Idea's??

klwjmw

Premium Subscriber
Problems

I know that this a simple solution, but did you forget to push the trunk button on the front of the unit

kb9hgi

Feed Provider
yes it say's Trunk and has a L next to trunk when I go to Man on each freq it works and reads out the Id's but in scan mode it does nothing.

cg

Premium Subscriber
It has been a while since I programmed LTR in a 780 so I am relying on memory.
The channels must be programmed in a specific order AND location.
The channels go in LCN order in the corresponding place in each bank.

Say your LCN setup is 4, 6, 8, and 10 and you decide to put them in bank 5.
You program Bank 5, which starts at Channel 201. Place LCN Ch 4 in scanner channel 204, LCN Ch 6 in 206, etc.
In other words, Ch 4 in the 4th slot of the bank, Ch 6 in the 6th slot, etc.

chris

kb9hgi

Feed Provider
yes I know they have to go in order and have them that way. they work in manual but when I scan them they do not work. I programmed them in another scanner and work fine but for some reason I can not get them to work on this BC780XLT which is odd.

Voyager

Not just in order, but programmed so the LCN matches the channel in that bank.

kd2pm

TETRA Techie
Premium Subscriber
We dont have any LTR I can listen to here in NJ that arent passport but logical is just that...if the channels are 1-5 then 201-205 would be how they are programmed. If they are 1, 3, 5, 7 then you have to place them in slots 1, 3, 5, 7 with the 2, 4, 6 empty in the bank. I still have my 780 in the mancave for listening to smartnet and conventional but sorry...I cant capture any LTR systems at this point to help out better than that

n4yek

Last edited:

kb9hgi

Feed Provider
n4yek I followed your instruction to the tee. I set bank 9 as trunk and picked L for LTR then programmed 858.0125 in channel 412 857.0125 in channel 416 and 856.0125 in channel 420 then hit scan and never hear nothing but if hit manual and go to one of these channels I hear stuff and ID's show up. It just don't work in scan mode. I know the freqs are in the correct channels because I tried in my 996XT and works fine just can't get it to work right in my 780 XLT. any other suggestions?

kb9hgi

Feed Provider
I went thru it again and it say's trunk for bank 9 and has a L to the left I have the freqs in the correct order and correct channels but does nothing while scanning.

Voyager

What system is this for? Are the LCNs 12, 16, and 20? Is trunk mode enabled?

kb9hgi

Feed Provider
yup 12 16 and 20 and yes on the screen it has trunking on with a L on the left side for LTR Trunking.

Voyager

OK. Are you sure about the LCNs? One trick you can try is to program one of the frequencies in channels 1-20 and see which one is 'active'. That will be the correct LCN in case the info you have isn't accurate.

kb9hgi

Feed Provider
yes Im sure about the LCN's I have tried them in another scanner and works great in there just don't know why it wont work in this BC780XLT when it's scanning.

kb9hgi

Feed Provider
ok here is the deal I have this thing programmed correctly. I put it in manual mode and it works and reads out the Id's and all. Then I switch to scan mode and it will not receive nothing. I must have something turned on or something to keep it from receiving in scan mode. Any idea's????

n4yek

Per Steve's PM to me...
He got his scanner going, he didn't have any ID's programmed and was trying to scan the list with nothing in it.
He programmed some in and it started scanning.
Also told him him he can scan in 'ID Search' mode and told him to hit the Search key while scanning the LTR system to see all users.

Good going Steve, persistence pays off.

kb9hgi

Feed Provider
thanks guys for the help and also thank N4YEK for your instruction on programming the 780XLT your page help me in the first place to program it all in. I never had this much problem programming my 996XT...lol But it's al good now!

Status
Not open for further replies.