SWANK Construction Freq's

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobraultra

Feed Provider
I was wondering if anyone knew if SWANK had its own radios and freq's. I live along the Parkway West (I-376) just outside of Pittsburgh and would be interested in listening to all the road work going on day and night with them closing lanes of the highway and what not.

Thanks in advance!
Tony

Steveradio

Most construction companies if your looking for flagger crews use the FRS/GMRS radios, once in awhile you can find them on a odd ball frequency.
This summer crews were working on major road near me and they looked like FRS radios but found them on 459.5125 with a DPL not licensed to them of course. But for most part construction companies stick to FRS?GMRS or the DOT frequencies 464.500, 464.5500, 151.625 etc..

Happy searching

SCPD

QRT
I'm scanning the VHF band tonight getting guys talking on 151.685 DCS 131 talking about painting lines taking temperatures of bridges mention swank. Might be one of there channles or they might just do a lot of work with them.

Voyager

Is this near PGH? I ask because that frequency and code combination is used by one of the motels SW of PGH.

SCPD

QRT
No they are heading out of Johnstown on 403 or 56 for Route 22. They are now out of my listening range

CHAWMAN24

I know several years ago Swank was doing a bridge project here in Blair County and at that time they were using low band radios in their trucks/ equipment. If I remember it was in the 40MHz range but I don't remember the exact frequency or whether it is still active

cobraultra

Feed Provider
Thanks guys for the replies.. yes this is in the Pittsburgh area.. was able to catch a look at a pickup work truck the other day and saw a 1/4 wave vhf antenna on the roof... 151.685 could be a good call.. I will try it tonight..

Status
Not open for further replies.