Upgrades Coming to the Henderson KY 911 Center.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dixie729

Premium Subscriber
HENDERSON CO., KY (14 News WFIE) - We're learning more about the upgrades coming to the Henderson 911 Center.

Henderson City-County emergency personnel presented a plan to the Cooperative Study Group outlining costs and necessary equipment.

The plan includes new antennas, towers and stationary radios for all firemen, officers, and EMS crews in the city and county.

In all, it's expected to cost $7.1 million.

The Cooperative Study Group will make a recommendation to the City Commission and to the County Fiscal Court.

They will then vote on the plan.

I'm not sure what kind of system they will migrate to, if any. In updates or news on this, feel free to post.

Kevin.

kib669

It would save them some money if they would join with Owensboro and share the same system and just add frequencies in Henderson.

It was save a lot of tax payer money if they would implement a P25 multi-channel VHF conventional simulcast system. Wait until the see the $100K per year maintenance bill for a big trunking system that they really don't have enough users to justify.

Indiana16

It was save a lot of tax payer money if they would implement a P25 multi-channel VHF conventional simulcast system. Wait until the see the $100K per year maintenance bill for a big trunking system that they really don't have enough users to justify.

It is my understanding that a 10 year maintenance agreement is included.

phallout2000

owensboro due for update as well

It would save them some money if they would join with Owensboro and share the same system and just add frequencies in Henderson.

Everyone is geting away from EDACS, which is what obo uses. beside the distance is too great.

I have started an evansville metro scan club, including, daviess, henderson, warrick, posey pike, union, ohio, mclean, hancock counies and more. please join

Indiana16

Everyone is geting away from EDACS, which is what obo uses. beside the distance is too great.

I have started an evansville metro scan club, including, daviess, henderson, warrick, posey pike, union, ohio, mclean, hancock counies and more. please join

The City of Owensboro purchased Motorola P25 at the end of 2012 and went live early 2014. The County is still operating on conventional at the moment.

dixie729

Premium Subscriber
The City of Owensboro purchased Motorola P25 at the end of 2012 and went live early 2014. The County is still operating on conventional at the moment.
We will probably continue to operate on conventional VHF for quite a long time.

Kevin
Emergency Vehicle Installation Technician

eaf1956

Feed Provider

Owensboro is not EDACS anymore they are P25 Phase 1

Status
Not open for further replies.