psr 800 for $200

Status
Not open for further replies.

wbswetnam

I have a shot at getting this but do you guys think that's a good deal or should I let it pass?

New in the box? Yes buy it. I paid $300 to buy one new this past week (actually a Radio Shack rebranded Pro-668, same thing), so if you can get one for new in the box for $200, all the better. It has a steep learning curve but if install the programming software (it comes with the unit, and the cable too) and watch some YouTube videos about it, you won't be sorry.

marksmith

If its new, buy it. Its half what the comparable scanner sells for now. With updated firmware its a Phase 2 capable scanner. Listening to the one I bought in 2011 for $400+ right now.

Mark
BCD536HP/HP1/HP2/BCD996XT/BCD396XT(2)/BCD996T/PSR-800 +

MONITORING247

have them open it make sure everything is in plastic find out return policy inspect the cd and cable if you can is the cd cracked bad scratches ? ask to hear the unit working if not and you can take battery cover off see if any of the 4 screws are missing or do they look worn down by being overtightened if you can see if the bnc is loose or has been replaced if all that checks out its a good bye go for it and remember if its a as is all sales are final " say then i want to see it work" before you leave the store! and remember Caveat emptor good luck HAPPY SCANNING.

I have a shot at getting this but do you guys think that's a good deal or should I let it pass?

Im not endorsing..

But,
I sold my 800 for around 200..came down to the condition,was fair to good( closer to good)
Orig box and accy's..How much I wanted t get rid of it..I priced it to sell quick..

marksmith

There will be no more firmware updares after 1.9 for the PSR-800 but database updates continue, available weekly based on the RR database.

Mark
BCD536HP/HP1/HP2/BCD996XT/BCD396XT(2)/BCD996T/PSR-800 +

Status
Not open for further replies.