Orlando GOAA question

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgoodson

Feed Provider
I hear traffic on the GOAA talkgroups, like EMS runs to the terminal, and I hear the CFR trucks checking in and reporting status, and when there are "Alerts", I hear city and county units responding to staging areas. But I do not recall hearing traffic from the CFR trucks actively involved in an Alert on the GOAA talkgroups. So it got me wondering if there might be another way they communicate... Or maybe I'm just missing it.

Thanks for ideas

n2hbx

Premium Subscriber
Reports on incoming aircraft which may have an emergency are sent to the GOAA fire stations on a "CRASH" line, which is a direct, ring-down line from the tower to the fire stations. This is to prevent missing a call due to a radio system problem. The units then respond to the pre-determined staging point by the active runway.

GOAA is on the same trunked system as Orlando and the County and is the primary mode of communications. The GOAA units are designated as "Engine" or "Rescue" like other fire departments. The large trucks are designated as "Crash XX." You might also hear a "Stair" designation, which is the mobile passenger staircase that can be brought out on the tarmac if the aircraft can't get to the gate for whatever reason. You should hear them when they clear the event and return to their stations.

Larry

dgoodson

Feed Provider
Well, I have learned, GOAA TAC 2 is talkgroup 21872 (not 21874 as reported in the database). Very active and that explains a lot. I have reported it to the db admin.

ecps92

A common DB submission error, based on the older Scanners
Motorola Talkgroups - The RadioReference Wiki

21872 = 557h or 5570
where the Status bit is 0

21872 = 557h or 5572
where the Status bit is 2

the +2 Status but = someone has generally hit their Emergency Button

Well, I have learned, GOAA TAC 2 is talkgroup 21872 (not 21874 as reported in the database). Very active and that explains a lot. I have reported it to the db admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.