Email notifications..

Status
Not open for further replies.

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
Hope this is the right spot..

I haven't received email notifications in quite some time. I have to believe they are for some reason being bounced by my email server..

Can someone check to see if this is the case?

DickH

Hope this is the right spot..

I haven't received email notifications in quite some time. I have to believe they are for some reason being bounced by my email server..

Can someone check to see if this is the case?

I just sent you a test e-mail at 07:30 and a V-message box came up with this message:
Invalid Redirect URL (n9mxq RadioReference.com Member Profile)

Maybe that's a normal re-direction?

Hans13

I've been having email issues for a while with RR too.

There was a billing issue with our own mail server host so my emails bounced for a few hours. I haven't been able to get email notifications from RR since. I can change emails on the RR system and it works fine. It just no longer wants to send to my main email. To be fair, I haven't emailed the right people here about it yet. Undoubtedly, when I do they will be able to find the trouble. Perhaps you might want to look at my thread and see the last suggestion about who to email regarding the trouble.

ETA: The suggestion was to email support@radioreference.com

Last edited:

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
I've been using the same email since before I was a member here. So I know that's not the issue. And if you try to send email via my profile, it's sent by the same system as notifications.. If one doesn't work.. the other shouldn't either.

Its not a really huge deal, but might be indicative of a larger problem.

Hans13

Well, you posted that you can't get notifications and DickH posted that he can't get a test message to you so it appeared to me that BOTH were not working.

My email was the same from the beginning and for decades. Mail from RR bounced at my server for a few hours and then RR would no longer send notifications to that email address. Nobody has sent me a message through the board so I couldn't tell you if it will send messages to my email account. I speculated that, since you posted that you believed your emails were getting bounced by your server, it could be similar to what happened to mine. 1) Possibly bounced emails at our servers 2) Notifications no longer going out for that account.

Just thought the info might add to your data points. I wish you luck with getting it resolved.

ETA: My guess has been that when an email or emails bounce to an address, the system flags it as a bad address and admin must clear the flag.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.