Siren app available

Status
Not open for further replies.

n3ouc

Premium Subscriber
Yes, seems to work pretty well. Just found out you cannot be logging off the serial port at the same time as trying to run the app. Otherwise it is nice.

wise871

Database Admin
I seem to loose audio if I'm task switching between apps. I'll keep an eye out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Voyager

I think there is a bit of fine tuning to be done, but it's largely operational.

wise871

Database Admin
I agree, it's finally a start. Seeing a few bugs now but it's working for the most part. I'm sure a bug report topic will be posted. One update I would like to see is the running in the background with audio like of of the other scanner apps.

Last edited:

garys

Premium Subscriber
Hopefully the Android version won't be too far behind.

Triangulum

Is it possible to remote control the scanner *without* streaming the audio? Can't recall off hand at the moment.

n3ouc

Premium Subscriber
Yes, has a mute function if you do not wish to listen to the audio and still able to remote control the unit

noaim

Premium Subscriber
Seems to run great even over my vpn. I'll be able to listen from anywhere that's pretty sweet

wise871

Database Admin
Yes, has a mute function if you do not wish to listen to the audio and still able to remote control the unit

I like this feature. This way I can use the external speaker in my car and the phone for display only. :)

wise871

Database Admin
Happy to report Access Point Mode works also. There is about a 4 to 5 second delay in this mode. I can now start using it as a remote head.

Last edited:

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Well, I am getting audio, but I am not seeing anything in the three lines in the middle of this display. In other words there is nothing to show what I am listening to.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Well I did a couple of things and don't know which of the two fixed the problem. I re-set my iPhone and then I also entered my zip code via settings. (The zip code was the same as I already had on the scanner).

At any rate we are in the ballpark.

I sure appreciate the tremendous effort made by Upman and the development team to made this a reality!

Voyager

What ARE you listening to? You have to be scanning or searching. No display for single-frequency monitor yet.

SCPD

QRT
What port numbers do I need to listen outside my network? I can control scanner see the display just don't have audio

SCPD

QRT
Did you have the iphone or PC connected at the same time you tried the ipad? Think you can only have one device connected at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.