encrypted radio help??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChineseSavior

Premium Subscriber
hi,

anytime i try to tune into airport police via iphone app i get constant white noise. also in some shady small corrupt towns i will get same thing. i asked am ems one day that showed up and he said its federal at airport its all encrypted?

is this trje? how do i get this signal to go thru? thanks if u need anything extra lmk.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
This is a subject that we do not talk about on this site as it is against the law to decode encrypted signals in the United States even if it were possible to do so. So please do not ask here it will only cause you pain.

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
We can talk about it.. first an Iphone app is not a scanner. Second why would anyone stream an encrypted freq is beyond me. There is no way to unencrypt the transmissions and its illegal to do so.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
While encryption is the leading candidate for the white noise, it is also possible that these systems could be using technology that cannot be decoded by scanners. MotoTrbo and Nexedge, for example.

For better or worse, encryption is what it is.

Our only hope is for a sufficient amount of political pressure to be applied to the elected officials in communities with encryption. Yeah, some things should be encrypted, but not everything, such as main dispatch channels. Perhaps if nothing else, some type of time delayed official feed for accountability/transparency purposes.

PhotoGuyNJ

OK, I may be New around here, But things have changes as you know it.. After -"911" !!
Take it as it is "Encrypted" Is just that.!! political or what ever you might want to call it..It`s still "Encrypted" & illegal to try and decode.. !!

sfd119

OP isn't trying to decode Encrypted signals, he's just asking a question about it...and may not even be encryption. Let's all stop jumping to conclusions and try to be helpful.

hi,

anytime i try to tune into airport police via iphone app i get constant white noise. also in some shady small corrupt towns i will get same thing. i asked am ems one day that showed up and he said its federal at airport its all encrypted?

is this trje? how do i get this signal to go thru? thanks if u need anything extra lmk.

If you have an actual scanner, you might be able to figure out what is going on better. But you said you're tuning in via an iPhone app. That means the stream is probably hosted here at RR and I don't see what they would keep it up if its just encrypted.

Do you have a link we could listen so we can maybe figure out what that noise is?

This is a subject that we do not talk about on this site as it is against the law to decode encrypted signals in the United States even if it were possible to do so. So please do not ask here it will only cause you pain.

What are you talking about..We discuss it all the time..

Depending on the frequencies it could be the feed is stopping on P25 channels,If the provider has only an analog radio,Or is using SDR to provide the feed,the scan could be stopping on digital transmissions..

May have nothing to do with encryption..Its more likely that small towns are digital vs encrypted..Encryption is expen$$ive!..

Trunked,NXDN,P25,TRBO can all be decoded with a computer using UNITRUNKER/DSD+ and SDRSharp..but they require learning and adjusting to tweak it to work...

You could buy a scanner,That would solve many of your woes..

Also,I did not see any location info,That makes it hard to lend assistance as to the exact nature of your question.

JRayfield

Encryption is included as a 'standard' item in several manufacturer's DMR products, at no additional cost. So if a system is DMR, then it may have encryption enabled.

John Rayfield, Jr.

What are you talking about..We discuss it all the time..

Depending on the frequencies it could be the feed is stopping on P25 channels,If the provider has only an analog radio,Or is using SDR to provide the feed,the scan could be stopping on digital transmissions..

May have nothing to do with encryption..Its more likely that small towns are digital vs encrypted..Encryption is expen$$ive!..

Trunked,NXDN,P25,TRBO can all be decoded with a computer using UNITRUNKER/DSD+ and SDRSharp..but they require learning and adjusting to tweak it to work...

You could buy a scanner,That would solve many of your woes..

Also,I did not see any location info,That makes it hard to lend assistance as to the exact nature of your question.

Evgeni

Keep in mind that not all digital signals are encrypted.
There are depts. that use P25 Phase 1 & 2 that are digital formats that can be heard with a scanner if they are not set to be encrypted.

The thing though is P25 scanners are generally very expensive.

N8IAA

Reading his other posts, I believe he's in Las Vegas. He's going to need a Phase II digital scanner to hear his county, as they are migrating to a new system.
Phone apps just won't do it.
Larry

R

retiredmich

I have an iphon4 & I have App's on it to where I can find scanner App's & use it like a scanner, it's only for certain area's & not all area's, I had it at one time till who ever created it stopped doing it. But yes there are scanner App's, & they are usually free app's. My City FD may be doing this for the FD employee's & retired FD .

N8IAA

I have an iphon4 & I have App's on it to where I can find scanner App's & use it like a scanner, it's only for certain area's & not all area's, I had it at one time till who ever created it stopped doing it. But yes there are scanner App's, & they are usually free app's. My City FD may be doing this for the FD employee's & retired FD .

If you read his post, first line, the phone app is not working. He is hearing white noise, the reason for him to ask his question.
What works for you obviously doesn't for him. And, since he doesn't post what airport he's listening to on his iPhone, well....
Larry

SCPD

QRT
We can talk about it.. first an Iphone app is not a scanner. Second why would anyone stream an encrypted freq is beyond me. There is no way to unencrypt the transmissions and its illegal to do so.

It's possible it was clear at one time or is a mixed mode frequency and why it is streamed.

Status
Not open for further replies.