Siren App Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSC45

Premium Subscriber
Hello!
I downloaded the siren app onto my iPad this morning. Seemed to load OK.

I turned on my 536 and connected wifi thru my settings.

I answered questions on the iPad regarding service types, range location, gps -off, Under the scanner info box; scanner and model not listed doesn't let me enter any.

The iPad sits with a black face separated with three equal lines, with headings above and below the screen.

Please help! This is so frustrating...

Thank you
Dave

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
SETTINGS --> CONNECTION then enter the IP address of your scanner, which can be found on the scanner by:
MENU --> Wi-Fi Setup --> Show Wi-Fi Information

Note that the scanner and IPad must be connected to the same Wi-Fi.

ve3hfq

I have done the same with the proper IP as shown on the scanner menu. In setup it will not accept my Canadian Postal Code. I know it is valid because I got my tax bill today ! Any suggestions (other than not pay my taxes)
Still looking at a b lack screen on my ipad.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
You don't need to enter your location in the app if the scanner is already scanning local systems.

1: Make sure the firmware in the scanner/dongle are current.
2: Make sure the scanner and iDevice are connected to the same network.
3: Make sure you've entered the correct IP address for the scanner.

4436time

In Gov't We Trust
Premium Subscriber
Audio with YouTube but not Siren. Have reset the phone and removed/reinstalled Siren several times in different order. Great connectivity/signal but no sound. All 3 conditions above are true. 5s with latest IOS.

mrkelso

Audio with YouTube but not Siren. Have reset the phone and removed/reinstalled Siren several times in different order. Great connectivity/signal but no sound. All 3 conditions above are true. 5s with latest IOS.

Same problem here. Audio came through for 5 sec's all static and nothing since.

Ipad and iPhone same thing. Other wise it is receiving ok

SCPD

QRT
There are ton of bug that need worked out. Just about everyone experienced some kind of first time start up problem. If you are 100% ipad/iphone on wifi scanner connected to wifi and have the correct IP you need to reset close out of the siren app. Be on the home screen double click home button fast twice, Find the siren app swipe up on siren app to close app and click the home button once to get back to home screen.

ve3hfq

Still nothing. Dongle V 4.06 (B) downloaded updated firmware (c)radio found my home network (d) entered my password and connected to my home network (e) then clicked infrastructure mode and it also connected.
(f) checked the wifi info and entered the IP 192.168.1.22 into setting on app (g) checked off the appropriate services (h) back to main screen on app.... nothing.

What am I doing wrong?

Voyager

Did you update the dongle to v7.28? If not, do that in Sentinel the same way you update the scanner's firmware.

4436time

In Gov't We Trust
Premium Subscriber

I get audio from headphones just nothing from speaker.

marcotor

I ♥ÆS Ø
Feed Provider
Check your USB cable. UNPLUG it from the front of the scanner, if it's plugged in. Restart the scanner without the cable. Then try.

4436time

In Gov't We Trust
Premium Subscriber

I toggled the phone ringer switch above the volume buttons on the left side of the phone and the audio is now working.

fire1429

update WiFi donglw

I plugged in the WiFi dongle and opened sentinel then went to update firmware and the select micro SD box pops up but the dongle is not showing up.

ve3hfq

I have done the same as fire1429. Plugged in the dongle and went to sentinel and to update firmware. It states the scanner has the latest firmware. I am puzzled how to update the dongle as it is Ver 4.06. Maybe my mistake was initially upgrading the firmware to the scanner without plugging in the dongle.

ve3hfq

Thanks Paul for your patience and help. Dummy me... should have followed instruction 1. All is running well. Again thanks and best regards from your neighbor to the north.

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.