Clock issue.. I feel vindicated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VE3RADIO

Finally an admission that it does not work as advertised.. I have been told a million times on here I was crazy or not charging it or stupid for not sending my units back in etc.. I have 2 units with the issue.. and a couple that were sold to tow trucks who in turn complain to me about it.. arghhh..

The silence from the usual suspect flagmen is deafening.

Nice to see an admission thread! And that a real fix is in the works.

ratboy

Premium Subscriber
The days of a company hoping that a problem can be ignored are gone. Chrysler denied the growing timing chain issue on 5.7 hemi engines, but finally admitted the problem was real, recalled all the cars affected and paid people who had fixed their cars before the problem was taken care of the right way. Hopefully, Uniden will surprise people and do the right thing here..

Voyager

If their commitment over the past year doesn't speak of their intent to do the right thing, nothing will convince you.

garys

Premium Subscriber
If you bother to read UPMan's first post on the subject, it's clear that they took the problem seriously from the start. They spent a lot of time investigating it, including swapping a bad unit from a customer and giving him a new unit.

It's a small number of units that have the problem and some of those units didn't exhibit the problem until very recently.

Of course that won't stop the whine-o-thon from the usual suspects.

WILSON43

Premium Subscriber
I must have missed the thread....

Can anyone enlighten me as to this "fix"...

I was (am) part of the whine-O-thon the Uniden Fanboys lambasted a Loooooonnnng time ago for complaining about this same issue.

"If their commitment over the past year"

Yep, thanks for reminding us of just how long it's taken them to correct this issue. And a year is being
generous....

Voyager

No, it took them about 3 months (including the 2 weeks or so for Apple to approve the app). The other time was waiting for the dongle manufacturer to provide the firmware.

WILSON43

Premium Subscriber
...For the clock issue? Not talking about the Siren App. That's a separate disaster.

Here is the title of this thread -> Clock issue.. I feel vindicated!

Maybe you should read the thread title before rushing in to comment.

XTS3000

...For the clock issue? Not talking about the Siren App. That's a separate disaster.

I'm with you 100%. I predicted this whole mess 2 months before the x36HP's were even released to the public. This prediction was due to all the garbage products Uniden was spitting out to the public in the previous year of 2013. Uniden quality and support was great until 2013, when just about every product they sold was cheap quality and performance went downhill.

Uniden is not testing their products for quality anymore, and using increasingly cheaper components. Let see who Uniden blames for this clock issue. The battery manufacturer I'm sure. At the price of the x36's there's no excuse to use untested or unknown quality components and parts.

It's time for Uniden to step up and do the right thing and refund us for these clearly faulty and failing scanners.

Maybe we can take bets on what going be the next major problem to crop up in the x36 line.

VE3RADIO

Get the man some sunscreen he has been burned.

VE3RADIO

There is my stalker again...

Your calling me a stalker, but you reply to every post I ever make.. I opened a thread to discuss the clock issue.. you joined the conversation. Seriously have you really not figured it out yet.. there is a large group of people laughing at your every response.

Voyager

6 of your last 10 posts have been about me. (60%)

1 of my last 10 has been about you. (prior to this one) (10%)

You tell me who is the stalker.

WILSON43

Premium Subscriber
In the meantime I found on my own what the OP was talking about with this thread.

Yes, I also feel vindicated that Uniden now admits this glitch that should have been caught before the scanner (s) were released.

I was harshly criticized and derided in these threads for complaining about this issue, short of being called a nut case, with Voyager leading the charge.

I think apologies to me and others are in order.

Now we have to troubleshoot the radios on our own and then ship them back (once again) for repair???

Sheeesh.

Voyager

Keep in mind there are so many users who are having the exact same problem and it turns out to be user error, that the few (and I do mean few) cases that came up were likely also user error. I apologize for making the logical conclusion and that a 95% solution did not apply to you.

As for short of being called a nut case, that should speak in favor of those trying to help you.

As for catching it prior to release, it wasn't caught by thousands of users months after release - how could it have been caught by a dozen users prior to release?

Also, AFAIK Uniden is still studying the cause of the issue, and as stated will have a patch out within a couple weeks. They are still working on the long term solution. Or would you rather they have a quick solution that may not really solve the issue? Fixing things right sometimes takes time. Unfortunately, some users try to rush the job. (not accusing you of that)

MFCJR

User error? A few cases also likely user error? That is a slap in the face to all of us who did nothing wrong and have a real problem with the time issue. And it's much more then a few. Mine showed up about a year after receiving my 536. It was not user error.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
That is a slap in the face to all of us who did nothing wrong and have a real problem with the time issue.

There have been a significant number of users who did not have bad clocks, who had issues because they failed to RTFM.

It's not a "slap in the face" to walk someone through a checklist to verify they're not making any common noob mistakes before concluding they have an actual problem. Otherwise you'd be inundating Uniden repair with a bunch of scanners that don't actually have any problems, and slowing down service times for people with actual problems.

WILSON43

Premium Subscriber
Berating and chastising members for not towing the Uniden line , when there is a legitimate problem with
a product is not "helping".

It is a holier than thou attitude by many here that less mortals know nothing about this hobby or it's equipment, and that Uniden would never, ever screw up a scanner model (s) release.

I must commend Voyager for his undying, unwavering support of Uniden, despite their own admission now, albeit late, that there is, was, and always has been a defect in this silly function most X36 model users do not want anyway.

WILSON43

Premium Subscriber
John,

Where did anyone say it was a "slap in the face?"

Keep spouting the newbie, user error mantra. If you say it enough, maybe it will be true.

Uniden by way of Paul, made a public acknowledgement that there was a defect in the scanners.

Now, how many that actually turns out to be remains to be seen. I suspect it is much more than the fanboys
will ever admit.

Soundman

This really sucks I spent over 1000 dollars of good money for a BC536HP, BC436HP and we have to deal with clock defect .This clock idea was a stupped idea . I do love my BC436HP .But I hate putting in the date and time every time I turn on my scanner .

Status
Not open for further replies.