Buffalo NY Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobBuffalo

I have a Uniden Bearcat BC148XLT scanner. I was previously able to pickup the Buffalo NY police frequencies, but recently I am unable to do so. All I get from the channels is buzzing or static.

Do you know if they have changed something with their frequencies? Is there a resolution I can try on my scanner?

Nysff

They now run a digital "P25" system. You have to buy a whole new scanner that supports this system to listen to them.

I purchased the Uniden BCD536HP to resolve this but as with all digital scanners they are pretty pricey!

Also Ive heard through the grapevine that most of Erie County will be switching over to this system sooner or later so might as well save your pennies and get a upgrade.

Last edited:

Nysff

yes it will and as for trunking I have no clue as I don't Trunk! lol.

All i know is that NFTA and Rural Metro use trunking

Lorna68fs

Buffalo Police are not using a "system." They are using the same conventional frequencies they've used for years. The difference is that they're using P25 digital and NOT analog. They do have an analog frequency on 452.550 (DPL 043) that they simulcast some of their digital transmissions on. But you have to be in the city to get a good signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.