FDNY Still on VHF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blindshooter

FDNY frequency

Does anyone know what the difference is between the 152 and the 482 frequency for the manhattan fire dispatch? I've been haveing issues hearing anything from manhattan fire dispatch for a few days as stated in the thread ''issues with my scanner''. Has the FDNY SWITCHED FREQUENCY'S i KNOW RUMORS HAD BEEN GOING AROUND THAT THEY WANTED TO GO DIGITAL.

Priority-One

Anonymous participant
Banned
FDNY is not going to go digital. They are using UHF as their primary. The VHF is the old system that they are phasing out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blindshooter

Thanks for the info. I think they offically phased out the 154 channel because I can no longer hear any transmissions on any of my scanners and they all have the 154 frequency.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
I'm thinking that someone submitting information that wasn't verified by reading posts - I don't have NY access anymore so I can't see what happened.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I think a Mod acted on post #5 of this thread because there are no submissions asking to deprecate the channels.

Hopefully he'll see this and restore them.

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
I'm not the one who made the DB change, but I've restored the VHF frequencies in the database back to the Fire Dispatch Tag

t13one12

I'm not saying they are deprecated but I definitely lost reception of the Manhattan dispatch yesterday via my 780xlt. I sat right next to that with my BC346XT and was getting the UHF dispatch loud and clear at the same time.

However, this evening I have heard chatter so I'm not sure if they had a temporary issue that caused this.

usnasa

the new FDNY frequencies are not clear since moving from vhf to uhf , keeps cutting in and out it was not like when they were on vhf it was much clearer has anyone noticed that ?

Jimru

Premium Subscriber
the new FDNY frequencies are not clear since moving from vhf to uhf , keeps cutting in and out it was not like when they were on vhf it was much clearer has anyone noticed that ?

Absolutely! I no longer live in NYC, but when I visit now I am SO glad that FDNY continues to simulcast on VHF. It's awful on the UHF side. Doesn't matter what part of town I'm in, either!

Status
Not open for further replies.