• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Harris dsdx01-vs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muxlow

Super Secret
I picked up a new HARRIS DSDX01-VS desktop station for an Orion

It didnt come with a power cable to connect to the power supply, But reading the manual o figured out i had to make a little 2 prong connector for the desktop station to power up and plus the orion power cable directly into the power supply molex connector

Question here now is i have the REMOTE and INTERCOM switches and they do nothing when i toggle them. Also the microphone jack on the console itself does nothing but when i connect the mic to the radio itself it works. What is missing for these options to be functional? Is there a dip switch or something that needs to be changed inside the console itself? I see a few in there but no idea what they do

DisasterGuy

Based on what you have posted it sounds like the desktop enclosure may have been chopped up (ie: it is missing the power cord). There are multiple boards and board configurations for these enclosures that allow various remote configurations including the use of the DDC-100, DC remote and/or tone remote. What exactly are you trying to do?

Muxlow

Super Secret
Yeah was for sure missing the power cable so i took a old floppy drive cable and cut that for the connector and the station powers up now

The remote function i wont ever need, What does the intercom do? and any clue why the front mic jack on the station is non functional? The mic thing is the only thing id really like to do something with

DisasterGuy

Intercom is used with the DDC-100 remotes to allow intercom functionality between remotes without going over the air. More info here: https://www.ycdes.org/docs/TE_M7100Desktop-DDC100-UsersGuide.pps

The use of the mic jack on the front of the control enclosure depends on how raped the main board was, jumper settings on the board if it is even there, etc. In general we just use the jack on the front of the radio itself unless there is a need to interface through a remote board and/or integrate a logging recorder.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I saw a few of these in use a few years back (Muxlow will know where) and they all had the mic plugged into the radio from what I recall, not the enclosure.

claman5

Harris dsdx01-vs radio base station HELP

Hello to the group,
I have a HARRIS DSDX01-VS RADIO BASE STATION that I have got a M7100 installed in it.
Everything is working fine with it as it is a blank frount end.
Is there a manual or LBI on this item that I can find part numbers for various front panel items like program plug, switch for NORMAL/PROGRAM, VLOUME KNOB and others?
Thanks for your help
Bill

CSHIFTLT

Feed Provider
radio also has to be programmed for the aux mic/ptt, if that is what you want to use. and correct jumper on board of desktop box. intercom switch shoudl be in middle position if no ddc connected.

claman5

Just looking for HELP or manual or LBI on this item that I can find part numbers for various front panel items like program plug, switch for NORMAL/PROGRAM, VLOUME KNOB and others?
Thanks for your help
Bill

Muxlow

Super Secret
Intercom is used with the DDC-100 remotes to allow intercom functionality between remotes without going over the air. More info here: https://www.ycdes.org/docs/TE_M7100Desktop-DDC100-UsersGuide.pps

The use of the mic jack on the front of the control enclosure depends on how raped the main board was, jumper settings on the board if it is even there, etc. In general we just use the jack on the front of the radio itself unless there is a need to interface through a remote board and/or integrate a logging recorder.

Where could i find one of these DDC's used of course. Iv got the DDC100 board inside the unit

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
This is a combined answer, answering questions posed by more than one person.

The intercom and remote switches only work if you have a compatible remote connected to the unit via the remote jack on the back.

What's a compatible remote? It totally depends on the optional remote interface board type that is in the unit. On an EDACS station, it's a Select 5 board which is a tone remote unit that is limited to five channel/talkgroup operation. And it's quirky, as the tones needed to access the five channels/talkgroups are NOT in the usual EIA tone order for an industry standard tone remote.

Channel 1 uses the regular channel 1 tone.
Channel 2 also uses the regular channel 2 tone.
But 3, 4, and 5 use tones assigned OTHER tones. I think it's EIA tones
for channels 7, 8, and 11, but It's been a while and I'm probably wrong.

If it has a select 5 board, it works with a tone remote. If that tone remote has intercom functionality, you can use it to speak via the intercom function to someone standing by the desktop station.

If the unit has a DC remote board, you need a matching DC remote.

All you need is any DC remote if you want to make use of the remote and intercom features.

I've got a PILE of CPI DC remotes just sitting in my warehouse, waiting for me to get around to selling them for probably 30 bucks each on fleabay. I'll sell you one for that price, just PM me.

There's at least one Orion desktop on fleabay right now for something like 90 bucks. I suggest buying that one for parts, or swapping your radio into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.