Pinellas County - CAD/Incident List (redesign?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crisopolis

Hi,

I'm currently testing my application development skills and currently it only involves web applications. So I've taken the Pinellas County 911 data feed from their official CAD site and made my own site/app that is easier to read and follow.

Currently it only has the active calls/incidents but future wise I might get a map plugged in (not sure).

At the moment there is no night-time mode (sorry, it's on the list). However it's on the list with other features I think would be nice for analysis. Statistics, History Search, Incidents Last 24 Hrs on a Map, and more...

http://www.pinellas911.co/

Check it out let me know if there is something you want to see. I'm continuously developing this.

Note: If you wonder how I get location information it comes from the Latitude/Longitude they provide however sometimes the dispatcher says an address close by ... (90% accuracy)

Note #2: Sometimes the feed gets shady on me but this happens usually over night...

Crisopolis

No problem, thanks for checking it out. I notice the feed dropped out a few times today. So there should be a message on the screen now, so it doesn't look like the application is having the problem.

Also periodically you may see magically instant changes. That's me continually developing... I try not to make to many major UI changes.

Quick Tip: You can hover over the Units and it will tell you what they are.
- I'm in the process of taking the information from the wiki and putting it into the database so that all the known units have proper names. In case anyone forgot that T38 is Truck from Station #38.

AESFTW

Premium Subscriber
Radio Info

Amazing job Chris! If I may recommend adding the Fire Tac Channel if that is an option. Nice knowing who is on what tactical channel. Again looks great!

Crisopolis

Change Log

Enhancements:
- Overall UI has changed since the first post. Mostly the menu bar, title and small changes. Live Scanner button to go to broadcastify.
- Added 'Statistics' to the menu but no working reports with the data I currently have.
- Made any 'Structure Fire' incident come across highlighted as red with a fire symbol next to it.
- If the Pinellas feed happens to die... after 15 minutes of no data a red banner will display saying 'Out of Service'.

Fixed:
- Adding ongoing incidents to the database that i've never seen before like a 'Hot Pit Refueling'.
- Adding ongoing units to the database that aren't listed on the wiki... ARFF1 ARFF2 apparently those are airport apparatus. Hard units are the Sheriff's Deputies they have all kinds of identifiers that I still haven't figured out the pattern or what they mean.

Future Plans:
- Incident details pretty much you'll be able to see every unit who was assigned to an incident with details of what station they are coming from and how far away from the incident they are. Average time of arrival and other fun details. Even a map of where the incident took place.
- Obviously some statistics on the incident volume and such... (still thinking on this)
- Maybe an 'Active Incidents Mapped' for those who like maps.
- Notifications about specific incidents. Right now I get notified to my iPhone if a Structure Fire happens or Red Cross (I'm a volunteer) is being dispatched. This uses (Pushover.net) ...

Known bug
- At midnight the 'Received' times start to say "1 day ago" until 1 am.
- If a unit get's dispatched to the same call twice it will forever stay in a "Dispatched" status until the call is cleared. Usually only happens on Special Events when one of the Special Rescue units has to get an incident assigned for a patient.

Note:
- If you see it say 'GRID XXX' means the Google API wasn't able to determine what street exactly this is on. :(
- Any incident types in CAPITAL letters means they aren't in my database and I'll be notified to add them for future reference in stats and such.
- Unit boxed in a Red color means they are in-command.

--------------

KK4NEF - I can defintely add Fire Tac Channel... It should appear soon once I make sure everything looks nice.

AESFTW

Premium Subscriber
And let there be Fire Tac.... Looks great now!

infusopharm

If you need any help with unit identification with any of the agencies let me know..
The map location for medical call are place at a point in the particular 911 grid. Usually pretty close but obviously not exact. The 911 grids may be viewed at the Pinellas County GIS site.
Steven
727-580-2900

nasa806

Premium Subscriber
PCSPD is Pinellas County School Police

sB11A is Sheriffs (St.Pete Beach 11 Alpha)

tI213A is Treasure Island Police (Treasure Island 213 Alpha)

ITS is Intelligent Traffic system

s60A is Sheriffs (Sector 60 Alpha)

Hope This helps

Crisopolis

Wow, thanks for the information guys. Yeah, sometimes I look at the units that come across and just think for awhile trying to figure out could ECRT mean Eckerd College Rescue Team or something else haha.

Thanks for those others I didn't know that s60A was Sector 60 Alpha or the ITS one.

(Hopefully my posts will stop coming across so late. [new person moderation])

Crisopolis

HAZMAT Incident Today (3/25)

This HAZMAT incident today presented a lot of units that I have no idea what they are...

hM400 - I believe is Sunstar's HAZMAT Rehab Unit
HM100, HM500, HM606 - ?? Hazmat units that don't belong to a station? Chief, EMS Director, Ops Officer?
CO500 - ?? EMS Director?
vOL56, vOL30 - ?? Maybe Sheriff?
cP14, cP19, cP12 - ?? Maybe Sheriff?

Also noticed dispatch removed and added units multiple times and I still need to account for that happening. :|

I wonder if I should filter out the Dispatch Operation groups from showing ... to limit confusion or a lot of units that are showing as cleared within seconds of the incident coming up.
COOPP, HMALL, HMOPP, LEFD, LEPIO, COEMS, OLOPP, 19FD, 35FD, TSOPP, 30FD, etc...

Idea: When I create the incident page... I'm thinking to allow users who come to this application to provide more detail to the incidents. Such as corrected address, fix the incident type and other things that could provide others who are watching the incident progress...

nasa806

Premium Subscriber
HM 1xx, 2xx, 3xx, 4xx, 5xx,, 6xx are Hazmat chiefs they serve a dual role they area made of chiefs from different departments.

CO500 - is County medical officer

Vol are sheriffs volunteers

CP are sheriffs community patrol

COOPP is County Ops group page

HMALL - Hazmat all call

HMOPP - Hazmat Group page

LEFD - Lealman FD group page

LEPIO - Lealman public info officer

COEMS - County EMS group page

OLOPP - Oldsmar FD operations page

19FD - station 19 area

35FD - station 35 area

TSOPP - Tarpon Springs FD operations

30FD - station 30 area

nasa806

Premium Subscriber
Also here are chief identifiers

100 - fire chief

200- assistant chief

300 - training chief

400 - fire marshals/investigators

500 - EMS chiefs

600 - operation chiefs

700 - support/communication chiefs

800 - public information officer

900 - fleet/maintenance

Crisopolis

Alright just about the same as the Wiki...

Fire Department Abbreviation IDs above is pre-apended to these
1xx Fire Chief
2xx Asst. Fire Chief/Director of Admin
3xx Training Officers
4xx Fire Prevention Officers
5xx EMS Directors
6xx Operations Officer
7xx Communication/Support Officers
8xx Public Information Officers
9xx Director Fleet Maintenance

nasa806

Premium Subscriber
Idea: When I create the incident page... I'm thinking to allow users who come to this application to provide more detail to the incidents. Such as corrected address, fix the incident type and other things that could provide others who are watching the incident progress...[/QUOTE]

I am willing to do this.

Crisopolis

Small Update

For those still using this site ... there was intermittent downtime here and there but i resolved it. Had to move the database to a different server and update some stuff.

Incident Details
This piece is coming along well and should be partially live on the site. Just click on a blue incident number on the active incidents list. However, the map sometimes gets stuck on the previous incident data. So trying to fix that so its more accurate and also working to add more detailed unit information that will be displayed under the two main areas.

If you want to know what all ideas i have or whats being worked on you can see it on my project board. https://trello.com/b/BcHVzEYf

Also if you have more ideas or issues or see something odd please let me know..

http://pinellas911.co
http://twitter.com/pinellas911

Status
Not open for further replies.