Suction Cup U Mount

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmg1969

R

retiredmich

The only bad thing I have found using suction cups is they will not hold in cold weather. I use a C cup on my pro 106 & hook it to my car window & when it get's cold the cups let go from the window & my scanner has fell many times from the window & the C cup I use is a 2 1/2 inch in diam. Just F Y I

Squad101

Here's one for mag-mount antennas. I would imagine that you could drill it for an NMO mount.

Wilson Suction Cup Window Mount for Magnetic Mount Antennas - 901128 : 3Gstore.com

Obtained by doing a Google search for "suction cup mount antenna".

Here's another. Scroll down to the one called "Large suction cup holder"

Accessories, mounting hardware | Wifi UMTS/3G GSM Antennas, Radio Amateur Antenna, coaxial cables assemblies, radio accessories
I came across those but couldn't figure out how I would mount the the antenna to it.
The only bad thing I have found using suction cups is they will not hold in cold weather. I use a C cup on my pro 106 & hook it to my car window & when it get's cold the cups let go from the window & my scanner has fell many times from the window & the C cup I use is a 2 1/2 inch in diam. Just F Y I
I haven't decided if it will be inside or out side of the window. The room is on the top floor so I would like to attached to the highest part window in hopes of getting better reception.

The reason I'm not considering mounting in the attic is it's not easy to access and I would have to drill a hole in the ceiling to run the cable into the room.

dmg1969

I came across those but couldn't figure out how I would mount the the antenna to it.

That's why I said you could drill it. If you're handy with tools and have the right equipment, you could drill and mount the NMO mount (you may have to somehow thin the metal out or get an NMO mount meant for thicker applications. OR...you could attach a secondary piece of thinner metal off to the side and drill a hole for the NMO mount in that. You have to think outside the box with odd antenna installations.

Status
Not open for further replies.