Mercy Flight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben830

I was wondering if there was like a dispatch channel for Mercy Flight. I hear them flying over my house all the time and would like to know where they were going.

rfking123

Premium Subscriber
MERCY FLIGHT

TRY THESE:

453.17500 458.17500 WQJZ818 RM 91.5 PL MrcyFlt WNY Mercy Flight of WNY Ch. 1 FMN EMS-Tac

155.82750 WQJZ818 M MrcyFlt WNY Mercy Flight of WNY FMN EMS-Tac

AuntEnvy

Premium Subscriber
I don't think you're going to hear much on those frequencies unless they are constantly operating in your area.

I think they are mostly patched-in via different "ground" frequencies for the agency requesting their assistance. And sometimes you will hear them on statewide hospital giving patient reports.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
I don't think you're going to hear much on those frequencies unless they are constantly operating in your area.

I think they are mostly patched-in via different "ground" frequencies for the agency requesting their assistance. And sometimes you will hear them on statewide hospital giving patient reports.

I listen to all there frequencies in Fort Erie Ontario just across the Niagara River from Buffalo NY and they are always busy especially on the week ends.
Steve

Saint

Premium Subscriber
What kind of traffic do you get? Are they based near you?

I listen to them When they are arriving and departing ECMC Erie County Medical Center and when they are called in to traffic accident and when the Police or Fire Departments call for Mercy Flight around Buffalo NY and surrounding area, many other calls I listen to also.
Steve

D

DaveNF2G

They had been reported to be using a Saia Communications LTR-Passport trunked system in the past.

AuntEnvy

Premium Subscriber
Roger that.

None of them are based around me so I've never heard anything on any of the chopper frequencies, only when they're patched with local channels or occasionally the statewide hospital.

BTFire21

Dave wrong again. How bout you leave WNY communication stuff to people that actually know it. Yes Mercy Flight Central is on this frequecny BUT.....

Mercy Flight of WNY is licensed on 453.175 as WQJZ818 at a tower site in Colden NY. They have used this as their company frequency since 2009. They do their flight tracking and company communications this frequency.

Recently they were licensed under the same callsign for an Olean repeater.

Nysff

BTFire is correct. Ive been listening to Mercy Flight WNY on the Colden town "453.175" for YEARS!!!

nyair1

Yes I have heard them mention the colden tower. They usually give out info on ops and what frequency to contact ground ops on. Most of the time it's a local fire freq of who is running the operation. They usually fly right over my backyard outbound from the airport base.

Status
Not open for further replies.