Maine State Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siouxforever

I am heading to Maine for the weekend and was checking out if there are any updates to the S.P. frequencies and have noticed that they have switched over to the P25 System. I have an Br330T and it obviously is not digital. My confusion (not really having dealt with the P25 system) is that the frequencies listed on your site (Radio Reference Data Base) still looks like a conventional system. Could someone clarify?

mainetrunk

Well sir, York county doesn't have many TG I-D's running at the moment. it is a digital system with analog patches. IOW- what you hear on TG 711 is repeated by analog, 172.425. There's a buttload of T-G's active everywhere else. 40 site's, good luck

Maine45

My confusion (not really having dealt with the P25 system) is that the frequencies listed on your site (Radio Reference Data Base) still looks like a conventional system. Could someone clarify?
The primary part of the system is a P25 digital trunk system operating from 40 sites. Each site also has an analog "RegionNet" interoperability repeater for non-state agencies to communicate with the state police RCCs. 16 of the RegionNets also simulcast the SP traffic from that area's primary digital talk group in analog. The RR Database Listing for the RegionNets indicates those simulcast sites.with a notation that they are patched to the RCC. You'll find that listed as "MSCommNet" under state agencies on the primary Maine page in the database. You wil be able to listen to the state police pretty much wherever you go in Maine via the selected RegionNets.

BTW, the commentary that the York County area sites don't have many active talk groups on the trunk system is innacurate. Over 70 have been heard in the SP Zone 1 area.

ME343

ME/NH/VT DB Admin
Database Admin
Maine45 is correct we have the regionnets which some are patched into simulcast the RCCs they are under the state page not the trunk site.

Also, I have over 89 talkgroups in Zone 2 area so the system is very active.

mainetrunk

Allow me to re-phrase my quote siouxforever;
Mt Aggementicus in York County does not have many groups active at this moment.( I have locked out the 2 groups that do use it ) Although every TG did their testing, and got logged as 80+ Tg's , they are not VERY active at this moment. Now, the Waterboro site in upper York County is more active.

KB1VLA

I am heading to Maine for the weekend and was checking out if there are any updates to the S.P. frequencies and have noticed that they have switched over to the P25 System. I have an Br330T and it obviously is not digital. My confusion (not really having dealt with the P25 system) is that the frequencies listed on your site (Radio Reference Data Base) still looks like a conventional system. Could someone clarify?

Certain Regionnets will broadcast that area's primary State Police talkgroup from the trunk system in analog mode, where will you be visiting?

k1agh

Premium Subscriber
I don't have a P25 scanner but put in the region net freqs and I still get MSP in fact I'm hearing troopers in other parts of the state on them.

medicateme

Premium Subscriber
Not picking up anything on MSCommnet

What the heck am I doing wrong I'm using a pro-2096 and using arc96 software. I've programmed in Gray and Augusta RCC's with some talkgroups and the only thing I can pick up is the Gray control frequency. I don't pick up any TG's at all regardless of what I put in. Is the scanner suppose to me in FM/P25 mode or MO, I've tried both. When trying to scan in MO mode nothing ever gets recieved and in FM like I already said just picks up the Gray control. Not sure what else there is to do. Am I suppose to play with offsets and such?

Status
Not open for further replies.