Fishermen comms

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandon

Database Admin
6635 LSB active with some very foul language fishermen. Sounds like they are out in the Pacific. Heard these guys last week too. Still going as of 0445 UTC.

brandon

Database Admin
They seem to be active each night on this freq around this time. Hearing them right now at 0518Z. I believe they are located near the Hawaiian Islands.

There is another fishing net on 8935 LSB that has been active for the past few years. It starts at 0500Z with different boats giving coded phonetic reports. Once done they usually BS for a bit until signing off for the night.

ridgescan

6635lsb here at 0525utc. I hear them both but one guy is considerably stronger.
If it is around the Islands that would be about 2200 miles trip they're making to my loop. I have it pointed at Hawaii.

brandon

Database Admin
Hey ridge, I heard one of them mention the Big Island and they were talking about Bigeye Tuna.

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
S5 to S9 here in California tonight. One guy does have a slightly stronger signal. I believe his name is Mike per their conversation. Sounds like the local HF rag chew but with F-bombs.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
A recent log in the UDXF suggests 8991 as a possible target in the Gulf of Mexico area...however finding these broadcasts can be, understandably, a hit or miss proposition. The best way to spot these is to become very familiar with a particular band, and what's supposed to be on it - that way, stuff like this stands out like a sore thumb

Remember these broadcasts are very NSFW, hi

Mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Title changed to reflect the topic being discussed, since it's not just 1 frequency Mike

SCPD

QRT
5691khz right now are squid fishermen...

Never got an idea where these guys were... I was on east coast remote so I presume they were east coast but from what I've read there's squid fishing just about everywhere...

k9rzz

You left coasters gotta record this stuff! Us land lubbers in the Midwest never hear the good stuff from fishermen.

SCPD

QRT
You left coasters gotta record this stuff! Us land lubbers in the Midwest never hear the good stuff from fishermen.

Will try next time. A lot of the chat is long and tedious drivel... picture two drunk men chatting over the radio during late-night hours... you're really not missing much. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.