Interesting KHP matters lately...

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeuser

The Wretched
I monitor from north central Kansas, near Russell which is off 70. Few weekends ago we had the Norton shooting & subsequent chase & then search. Very interesting listening. Weekend before that had a chase from a traffic stop. All those were apprehended thanks to KHP 950 (piloted by KHP Trooper 66 out of Hays troop) fixed wing, single engine plane with FLIR. Last night had another search for an individual near the Goodland area. This time the bad guy got away. I guess Garden City troop doesn't have an aircraft.

Always have the occasional runner on 70 but always seems to end well & no one killed.

As you all know its terribly dry & idiots toss lit cigarettes out the window as they driving causing grass fires... The local volunteer fire depts have been quite busy. Makes you appreciate those fire fighters.

That's all I have to report from here for now!

I updated my ' Shack Photos ' plan to make the last picture my antenna collection. Have taken pics already but they were to large so I'll use the phone & upload from there.

Redneck0410

I monitor from north central Kansas, near Russell which is off 70. Few weekends ago we had the Norton shooting & subsequent chase & then search. Very interesting listening. Weekend before that had a chase from a traffic stop. All those were apprehended thanks to KHP 950 (piloted by KHP Trooper 66 out of Hays troop) fixed wing, single engine plane with FLIR. Last night had another search for an individual near the Goodland area. This time the bad guy got away. I guess Garden City troop doesn't have an aircraft.

Always have the occasional runner on 70 but always seems to end well & no one killed.

As you all know its terribly dry & idiots toss lit cigarettes out the window as they driving causing grass fires... The local volunteer fire depts have been quite busy. Makes you appreciate those fire fighters.

That's all I have to report from here for now!

I updated my ' Shack Photos ' plan to make the last picture my antenna collection. Have taken pics already but they were to large so I'll use the phone & upload from there.

I agree... My scanner's been hopping with a lot of "out of the region" activity as well... Alot of it I can probably attribute to the NJCAA tourney here in Hutch, but I was getting a lot of KHP Troop A traffic yesterday, on top of a new TG #602 which I still haven't been able to figure out who it is. I'm thinking possibly Sumner or Cowley Counties.

KCoax

Premium Subscriber
Topeka used to have a fixed wing. Have not heard them in a while. Guess they moved shop. Don't recall the radio number.

KAA951

Premium Subscriber
KHP has fixed wing aircraft based in Hays, Salina and Topeka. They also have helicopters based in Salina and Topeka. Those aircraft cover the whole state- with the exception of Wichita which has its own helo.

dgruver911

KHP has fixed wing aircraft based in Hays, Salina and Topeka. They also have helicopters based in Salina and Topeka. Those aircraft cover the whole state- with the exception of Wichita which has its own helo.

Except that WPD's air section has been grounded for at least the next year to pay for the body cams that the media has convinced everyone are so necessary.

joeuser

The Wretched
Eggs being thrown into I 70 traffic from an overpass near the 159...

Otherwise a drunken 55 y/o fool rolled his vehicle over and, of course, didn't get hurt...

Not much... "Helicopters were not deployed!"

Redneck0410

I was talking with a wrecker driver down here at 0230 and he'd already hauled in 4 DUI tows and a fella from Texas lost his truck for no registration or insurance and was drunk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.