ARC-PATROL and HP2 Virtual Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

cfranz73

Premium Subscriber
Any help getting the HP2 to work with USB / Serial for Arc-Patrol Virtual Control (3.1 bld 3.)
Windows 8.1 and device manager will NEVER update the driver, always shows warning symbol
The ARC-Patrol is very very at documentation and the interface is clunky, so any help would be great for the community.

Triangulum

I don't know if this is relevant or not, but....

Have you tried to manually install the driver? When you see the warning symbol, right click it, then "browse my computer for driver software" and direct it to the wherever the drivers are.

Even though it may not be related, when I was trying to update the general serial drivers for the 536, I had to manually direct it to install the drivers.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Any help getting the HP2 to work with USB / Serial for Arc-Patrol Virtual Control (3.1 bld 3.)
Windows 8.1 and device manager will NEVER update the driver, always shows warning symbol
The ARC-Patrol is very very at documentation and the interface is clunky, so any help would be great for the community.

Have you purchased and activated the Extreme Upgrade for your Home Patrol?

cfranz73

Premium Subscriber
Yes, the HP2 extreme has been purchased and added. The Arc-Patrol is fully licensed. And yes the manually install and update has been done. Still nothing.

n2pqq

Premium Subscriber
Yes, the HP2 extreme has been purchased and added. The Arc-Patrol is fully licensed. And yes the manually install and update has been done. Still nothing.

1) Turn on HP-2 first.
2) it should say usb cable detected
3) select usb mode -- serial port (dc supply)
4) start Arc patrol program
5) click on scanner Hp -------you will find this at the top of the screen
6) click on virtual control----- a new screen should appear showing the hp-2 radio
7) underneath the radio on the left side you will see a small box that says com/usb port
8) click on the down arrow
9) choose the usb port that your radio is connected to.
10) click on start------------your radio should now be working.

You must choose the right port in step 9 or your radio will not work.

If you are having problem with drivers look here;

http://www.howtogeek.com/167723/how...8.1-so-that-you-can-install-unsigned-drivers/

Last edited:

cfranz73

Premium Subscriber
n2pqq, sorry no i did not. uniden and arc-patrol can't even get it to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.