Loveland Admin Fire Dept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirit

Premium Subscriber
Why do they encrypt Loveland Admin Fire, when everything else is in the clear for Loveland Fire?

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
Two points:
1. It's a Larimer County.
2. From the limited data I've seen of that talkgroup, it's possible that the talkgroup operates in the clear and encrypted based on what the user wants. Plus, it's an admin talkgroup, so it could have things that could be considered sensitive. I wouldn't know since I don't monitor Loveland.

Spirit

Premium Subscriber
So can this be changed in the DB to E in the Mode? Every time I have heard Loveland Admin FD it has been encrypted, Somebody else might want to verify this. Estes Park PD & Ft. Collins PD also need change to E.

Steve2003

Ultimately up to the RR DB Admins on how they want to handle this one. The data I have logged still indicates this TG is being used with mixed ENC:

(click thumbnail to enlarge)

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
Sent from my drone using encrypted SSH, L2TP, P25, Astro, Provoice-ESK, Tetra, VSLEP, DECT 6.0, WPA2-PSK with a dash of Tapatalk

I live in Loveland and I have never heard encryption on the Admin channel. Crazy as that sounds. I have heard training on the channel though. And I have never heard encryption on Larimer CTY fire either. I guess I don't listen as often. But I'm willikng to bet FD can use encryption on any one of their channels if need be just like PD.

Status
Not open for further replies.