Radio Shack PRO-668

Status
Not open for further replies.

robert_dubenezic

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
If anyone is looking for the above scanner, the store in Union City has a box full of them for $150.00 each.

Yes they do TDMA. It's basically the PSR-800 with Radio Shack branding.

ansky

Wow. That is an amazing deal. It's still listed as $299.99 on the RS website. I may have to call around to a couple stores closer to me and see if they also have it at that price.

GM

Premium Subscriber
The Store in Ocean Twp. in the Seaview Square Mall had one left at the $150.00 price when I was there earlier today.

Edit: This is one of the stores closing this week. Had a sign in the window that said "Last 7 Days" so if you're going to purchase one, I would suggest to find a store that is closing and purchase it from there. I've also has success going to the Radio Shack web site to find out which store(s) are closing soon, and if the "Ship to Store" icon is not present, that is a location that will be closing soon.

Last edited:

ansky

I just called 5 stores in Essex County and none of them have the scanner in stock. The Parsippany store has it in stock but it's $499.99, which makes no sense since it's listed at $299.99 on the RS website. My assumption is the $150 price is probably special pricing for stores that are closing.

Trunk240

I just called 5 stores in Essex County and none of them have the scanner in stock. The Parsippany store has it in stock but it's $499.99, which makes no sense since it's listed at $299.99 on the RS website. My assumption is the $150 price is probably special pricing for stores that are closing.
That's exactly what it is. The Seaview Square Mall location was selling them for $200 last week. I called yesterday to see if they had any Unidens, and they told me they only had one 668 left. I guess that's the one GM is referring to.

Call Short Hills and Livingston if you haven't already. I believe they're closing. Let us know how you do. The one thing you should be aware of is that the receipt will say no returns or exchanges. I believe that applies to all stores, so be sure you want one or can afford to take the chance.

There is a list of the closing stores on nj,com.

Last edited:

ansky

That's exactly what it is. The Seaview Square Mall location was selling them for $200 last week. I called yesterday to see if they had any Unidens, and they told me they only had one 668 left. I guess that's the one GM is referring to.

Call Short Hills and Livingston if you haven't already. I believe they're closing. Let us know how you do. The one thing you should be aware of is that the receipt will say no returns or exchanges. I believe that applies to all stores, so be sure you want one or can afford to take the chance.

There is a list of the closing stores on nj,com.

The Livingston Mall location is already closed apparently. I called them and the number redirects to the Madison location. The Short Hills location is no longer listed on the RS website either, so I assume they are closed as well.

Just picked up one at the store in Park Ridge. Price was $150 plus tax, as noted in the original post. No refunds, exchanges only if the unit doesn't work, but full warranty support through Radio Shack. Park Ridge had one (1) left as of 2050 hours this evening.

For those interested, here's the complete list of NJ store closings:

CLOSING NEW JERSEY STORES:

KMart Shopping Center, Avenel
West Union Avenue, Bound Brook
Bridgewater Commons, Bridgewater
Cherry Hill Mall, Cherry Hill
Walmart Plaza, Clinton
East Crescent Blvd, Collingswood
Brunswick Square Mall, East Brunswick
Monmouth Mall, Eatontown
Menlo Park Mall Edison
Wick Plaza, Edison
Shore Mall Shopping Center, Egg Harbor Township
Broad Street, Elizabeth
Linwood Plaza, Fort Lee
Springfield Ave, Irvington
353 Central Ave, Jersey City
Newport Center Mall, Jersey City
Route 27, Kendall Park
Quaker Bridge Mall, Lawrenceville
Route 1, Lawrenceville
West St. George Ave, Linden
Linden Shopping Center, Linden
Livingston Mall Livingston
Route 72 West Manahawkin
Manchester Plaza, Manchester
Wrangleboro Consumer Square, Mays Landing
Moorestown Mall, Moorestown
Centerton Square, Mount Laurel
Brunswick Shop Center, North Brunswick
Liberty Plaza, New Brunswick
744 Broad Street, Newark
Lyons Plaza, Newark
Seaview Square Mall, Ocean
304 Main Street, Orange
Garden State Plaza, Paramus
Ridgemont Shop Cntr Park Ridge
Convery Plaza Perth Amboy
Plains Plaza Shop Ctr Pompton Plains
Princeton Shopping Center Princeton
Raritan Crossing Shop Center, Raritan
Shoppes At Foxmoor, Robbinsville
Oak Park Commons, South Plainfield
778 Morris Trnpk, Short Hills
Ocean County Mall, Toms River
Tri City Shopping Center, Toms River
Harbor Weigh Shop Center, Tuckerton
Cross Keys Common, Turnersville
Centre Isle, Union
Bergenline Ave, Union City
Maintree Shopping Center, Vineland
Voorhees Town Center, Voorhees

Alarmguy

Former Alarm Guy, turned Radio guy
Premium Subscriber
Bought 2 Yesterday at Park Ridge. They had 6 left when I left at 12pm. Guess everyone found the rest. I had issues due to Windows 8.1 driver signing, had to disable it to get the drivers to work. Called Oakland on Sunday they wanted $499.99!

GM

Premium Subscriber
As of 18:30 hours today, the New Brunswick location had 4 in stock with a sign on the door "Last 3 Days." So if you want to purchase one at the $150.00 price (with 3 & 1/2% sales tax) and are in the area, that's the spot to get them. Downtown on George St.

JustLou

Some stores dropped the to $100 today. The store by me on SI had over 20 of them yesterday, but someone bought all of them today before I got there. I did get 1 for $150 there last week.

germwad86

Because of the great deal I had to pick one up.

Now that I'm learning how to use it I have some questions.
I've made myself some playlists and i put on the wildcard feature in each, so question one is how can you see what the wildcard talk group decimal is when it hits on a wildcard. Right now it just comes up "Wildcard".

Also, I live in central nj and haven't had one hit on the State 700 system. First problem that maybe it could be is that i'm using a 800 Radio shack antenna to improve hits on that system. Could that be causing the issue? I have the cranbury site in as well as New Bruns and Rutgers and a few others....

Thanks!!

(It's my first digital scanner as I've been out of the game for some time)

ansky

Some stores dropped the to $100 today. The store by me on SI had over 20 of them yesterday, but someone bought all of them today before I got there.

So I guess we'll be seeing a lot of Pro-668's on Ebay soon :)

There are so many stores that are remaining open that don't even stock this scanner at all. Makes you wonder why RS is practically giving them away, rather than just moving them to other stores.

johnls7424

Premium Subscriber
Their down to 100 bucks almost everywhere a closing store location. All RadioShack stuff is on massive sale. You can pickup a cobra CB mobile radio for 25 dollars!!! Those RadioShack Pro 688 scanners will go even lower to 75 dollars come the last day sale

johnls7424

Premium Subscriber
As of 18:30 hours today, the New Brunswick location had 4 in stock with a sign on the door "Last 3 Days." So if you want to purchase one at the $150.00 price (with 3 & 1/2% sales tax) and are in the area, that's the spot to get them. Downtown on George St.

The New Brunswick store can go suck it!! They close their doors almost an hour before the store is suppose to close!! What a crock

Tac-1

Yea i have not tried it but the manual say it will
Easier to Read PSR800 - WS1080 - Pro 668 Digital Scanner and EZ-Scan/iScan Software Manual

Pro 668, Ws1080 PSR800 all the same scanner

IF Out/IF Output When HP is selected, the IF (discriminator) signal will be present at the headphone jack for use by external decoding software. When HP/SP is selected, the IF signal will also be present at the speaker. Default is Off.
Scanner Press or to select Off, HP, HP/SP.
Software Advanced Features > IF Audio Output Options > IF Output- Off, Headphone, Headphone and Speaker.

IF Output Level (Software only) Controls IF Out level. Default is Max.
Advanced Features > IF Audio Output Options > Level- Mute, 1-30, or Max.

Status
Not open for further replies.