Jobs that involves two way radios for a 14 year old

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecps92

During School or a Summer Job??

Not all places would use radios, but you could look around at Summer Camps or something near a resort area. Some places have actually abandoned Two-Way for Cellphone and Cordless phones

Good luck hunting

Hi all

I'm looking for a job that involves having a two way radio for a 14 year old in North Carolina.

Thanks, Nick

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
Not trying to be a smart-*** (OK, well maybe a little) but pretty much every fast food joint on the planet uses radios for the drive-thru. What's really fun is listening to the chatter between employees when they are NOT patched thru the speaker to the customer. LOL, good times.

-AZ

kb4mdz

KB1UAM -

I'm gonna go on a rant, and mods can castigate me later, but here goes:

Why the efff would you respond in such a way to a 14 year old kid who's showing interest in something? By mocking him by telling him to go to Walmart, or Dunkin' Donunts or Stop & Shop? What the hell was the purpose in your reply? How the hell would you feel at 14, showing interest in something that might lead to a hobby, or a career, and someone else smacked you down like you did to him? Would you feel kindly toward your elders after that?

I think you owe him an apology.

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
KB1UAM -

I'm gonna go on a rant, and mods can castigate me later, but here goes:

Why the efff would you respond in such a way to a 14 year old kid who's showing interest in something? By mocking him by telling him to go to Walmart, or Dunkin' Donunts or Stop & Shop? What the hell was the purpose in your reply? How the hell would you feel at 14, showing interest in something that might lead to a hobby, or a career, and someone else smacked you down like you did to him? Would you feel kindly toward your elders after that?

I think you owe him an apology.

What are you complaining about? All three of those businesses have employee positions that use radio equipment. Someone woke up cranky, lol.

At your age now, check out amusement parks. They use two way radios a lot! It's a perfect young person job.

Op, when you get older there are a ton more jobs where you "play radio" on the job. Police officer, firefighter, taxi cab driver, construction supervisor, airplane pilot, railroad worker, etc. Good luck!

krokus

Premium Subscriber
...At your age now, check out amusement parks. They use two way radios a lot! It's a perfect young person job.

Op, when you get older there are a ton more jobs where you "play radio" on the job. Police officer, firefighter, taxi cab driver, construction supervisor, airplane pilot, railroad worker, etc. Good luck!

I doubt an amusement park will hire a 14 year old, but maybe the non-chain parks would.

The OP has not answered the question of what type of radio work.

Sent via Tapatalk

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
From here on out I only wish to see constructive posts in this thread...
The old saying is true here: "If you don't have something nice to say then don't
say anything at all".
Thanks to everyone!
Marshall KE4ZNR

jhal94

Premium Subscriber
If your intention is to have him learn something about radios you will be disappointed. All he's gonna learn is how to press a button on some business radio with one channel. If you know someone who works at a radio shop, then that would be your best bet, or just have him get his ham ticket. If your attempting to listen in and micromanage, then again you'll probably be disappointed.

Anyway, publix (if you have it) will hire at 14, local small buisnesses, exc..

Walmart requires 16 or over and i'm gonna guess that any amusement park will require 18 years old

Status
Not open for further replies.