why No IFPD or Bonneville County dispatch on my scanner anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ps70099

Premium Subscriber
I started listening to the scanner again after a year or so and have not heard a single broadcast from Bonneville County Sheriff or Idaho Falls police.. I do have a digital scanner and have it all programed right. It was always working before I even reprogrammed it just to see if maybe they had changed something..

RonnieUSA

I started listening to the scanner again after a year or so and have not heard a single broadcast from Bonneville County Sheriff or Idaho Falls police.. I do have a digital scanner and have it all programed right. It was always working before I even reprogrammed it just to see if maybe they had changed something..

Looks like they are Encrypted.

DEC HEX Mode Alpha Tag Description Tag
10001 2711 E Bonnev Law1 Law Dispatch Law Dispatch
10002 2712 E Bonnev Law2 Law 2- Wants and warrants Law Talk
10003 2713 E Bonnev Law3 Law 3car-car Law Talk
10004 2714 E Bonnev Law4 Law 4 Tactical Law Tac
10013 271d E BonnevLawTac Law Tactical Law Tac
10015 271f E BonLawRegTac Law Regional Tactical Law Tac

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=5764

safetypro79

Scanning since 1967
Premium Subscriber
Anchorage-Alaska, Boise-Idaho, Salem-Oregon
All PD comms are encrypted

Sorry sign of the times we live in. All encrypted just like Canyon County ( gang activity prompted this a few years back)

Most of Ada LE is encrypted except for 2 main dispatch for ACSO and BPD

thewenk

Idaho DB Admin
Database Admin
Until several months ago, IFPD and Bonneville SO have always had their main law dispatch TG in the clear, although almost all of the other law TGs were encrypted. Then recently everything went encrypted.

I know of no big issue locally that prompted this change unless law enforcement wants to keep everyone, including the news media, in the dark about events until the "official" dept. spokesperson puts out the story.

So far no other agencies in the eastern part of the state have followed suit, but we'll see what happens.

GMAN1100

I just started scanning the Idaho Falls area again and have not heard anything from Idaho Falls or Bonneville County police. I have a digital Home Patrol 1 scanner. So no go or is there something I can do to find them?

GMAN1100

@thewenk I'm in Idaho Falls. I'd like to connect to see what we have access to in this area. I'm only picking up Madison, Jefferson, Bingham and some State Police stuff.

thewenk

Idaho DB Admin
Database Admin
@thewenk I'm in Idaho Falls. I'd like to connect to see what we have access to in this area. I'm only picking up Madison, Jefferson, Bingham and some State Police stuff.
Bonneville County and IFPD Law Talkgroups are now encrypted and can not be monitored. Bonneville Fire and EMS TGs are not encrypted. The other counties in this area as well as ISP are, for the most part, not encrypted. ISP is on both the old UHF frequencies and 700 MHz. Much of Bingham County's traffic can be received in IF from the Shelley Butte and Iona Butte transmitters.

Eastern Idaho Cooperative Agencies Wireless Interoperable Network (EICAWIN) Trunking System, Multiple Locations, Idaho - Scanner Frequencies
Idaho Cooperative Agencies Wireless Interoperable Network (ICAWIN) Trunking System, Statewide, Idaho - Scanner Frequencies

glsetcher

Sorry sign of the times we live in. All encrypted just like Canyon County ( gang activity prompted this a few years back)

Most of Ada LE is encrypted except for 2 main dispatch for ACSO and BPD

Dang, I live in Boise and was considering getting a BCD436HD but if most everything has gone encrypted, I can't see spending the bucks for something I can't make use of.

On a side note, do you, or do you know someone that collects mobile scanners? I have a PRO-64 that quit the audible portion of scanning. Squelch makes noise through the speaker so I know that works. The frequencies flash across the screen but it fails to stop on any of them. This worked okay last week and I have read that they aren't worth repairing. I don't have the know how or the proper tools to try and trouble shoot it. I'm willing to give it to someone who might want to cannibalize it for parts or repair it for their own use. The cosmetic portion is excellent, it has been in a leather case since it was new and spent the majority of its life in my desk drawer. The case will be included.

I couldn't find a "contact" section to email you. I'm located at Five Mile Road and the Freeway. How can we get in touch?

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I just started scanning the Idaho Falls area again and have not heard anything from Idaho Falls or Bonneville County police. I have a digital Home Patrol 1 scanner. So no go or is there something I can do to find them?

Before you highjack a year old thread you should really read it first.

Last edited:

thewenk

Idaho DB Admin
Database Admin
Before you highjack a year old thread you should really read it first.
This is a new member and his first post. Personally, I'm more concerned about having more member participation relative to Idaho issues in this forum, than etiquette lessons.

SCPD

QRT
TI'm more concerned about having more member participation relative to Idaho issues in this forum, than etiquette lessons.

+1

Lots of new radio activity going on in the Boise area. Get out those scanners and/or RTL SDRs and start scanning!

Scan the entire spectrum... hint hint...

Status
Not open for further replies.