csp

Status
Not open for further replies.

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
Where is that funding going to come from, especially with the number of municipal PDs they dispatch or on their system ?

cg

Premium Subscriber
Wouldn't be surprised. They will likely merge the two systems, CSP & CSERN (or "Constellation") and switch to Phase II to allow more voice paths on the existing number of channels.
The equipment they have been buying for a while is P25 Phase II capable so the expense for that past isn't like installing a whole new system. They got some money in the last year that should allow them to make all the CSP radios P25 P2 capable.
A huge advantage would be if they made it a system that would support any brand P25 radio. That way any municipality looking to get onto the system could actually get real bids on equipment.

chris

APX7500X2

CSP is going to p25 phase 2 in 2016 does anybody know if that's true

Its happening in 6 phases and they are in phase 2 now almost phase 3, They Bought 1900 APX radios a few months ago but installs are not in progress as of yet. Any new car gets an APX. They are changing out the entire 800 system to make it P25 P2, all new equipment and some new additional sites. The money was allocated for the upgrade almost 2 years ago, I think it was 18 mil.

As for the towns that use CSP and have constables, they have been told of the need to upgrade radios soon and it is on their dime. Some have already switched to APX and some are in progress.

I'm sure they will start mixed FDMA & TDMA to give people time to migrate.

Might as well get a Phase 2 scanner as Bristol & Greenwich's new systems will be TDMA, and Stamford is coming up on a upgrade in 3-5 years and they will be TDMA

55engine

Premium Subscriber
Just let everyone know csp is on 700 now and the new fastrack bus way have radio now that ben testing than out fastrack start this Saturday maybe that can add talkgroups to the 700mhz

cg

Premium Subscriber
CSP Troop H in the Hartford area is intermittent on 700MHz. It is only active when someones radio gets a 700MHz site stronger than an 800MHz site. Since they are co-located, it is tough to have that happen. That said, in the last week, Troop H has been active on 700 more than ever before.
Since the reception on Site 9 is terrible due to simulcast distortion, the 700 is a welcome clear signal.

CTfastrack has dedicated talkgroups in the P25 TGID 5070-5079 range.
5071 CTTFastrack 1
5072 CTTFastrack 2
Not sure if they are in the layout pattern other CTT Divisions seem to use:
50x0 ATG
50x1 Bus 1
50x3 Bus 2
50x4 Supervisors
50x5 Maintenance
50x6 Facilities
50x7 ?
50x8 ?
50x9 Emergency

chris

Firebuff66

Feed Provider
Its happening in 6 phases and they are in phase 2 now almost phase 3, They Bought 1900 APX radios a few months ago but installs are not in progress as of yet. Any new car gets an APX. They are changing out the entire 800 system to make it P25 P2, all new equipment and some new additional sites. The money was allocated for the upgrade almost 2 years ago, I think it was 18 mil.

As for the towns that use CSP and have constables, they have been told of the need to upgrade radios soon and it is on their dime. Some have already switched to APX and some are in progress.

I'm sure they will start mixed FDMA & TDMA to give people time to migrate.

I have noticed a few new state cars with the APX7500 in them.

You are on the nose with the FDMA/TDMA running together...

I'm loving some of the new sites, Having a Troop G Simulcast site on the Ansonia hill top has made a huge difference for me. And same with Troop G Bridgeport and Downtown Stamford now being a sites I get them much better from Bridgeport to Greenwich.

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
Tell me the bad news now. Are new scanners in order?
Yes you will need a new radio, unless you have a "newer " model that has Phase 2 P25 capabilities. Now is your chance to grab one relatively cheap. The Pro-668 Radio Shack radio is going for about $200 on eBay and if you are Lucky to find one at a closing Radio Shack, they are selling for $99 for the next 2 days or so.
I jumped the gun and bought one off of the Radio Shack.com online store for $299 a few weeks back. Radio works very good.
Bob

PJH

Premium Subscriber
CSP has been buying 700/800 band (no secondary band installed) 7500's since 2010/2011.

The controllers were upgraded several years ago as well, and can support phase 1, if not phase 2. The 700 system and the 800 system will be consolidated over time - that was the plan at least a couple of years ago, and it takes time. It takes a bunch of work, configuration and deployment to migrate everyone over and it will work in geographical phases so that you can serve old and new at the same time.

Most likely what they will do (if going to phase 2) is to implement Dynamic Dual Mode which will drop a phase 2 talkgroup into phase 1 while a phase 1 radio is affiliated to the TG.

There are still a bunch of XTS3000's and astro spectra's/XTL5000's out there so as stated before, as equipment is replaced by normal means, it gets a little closer.

Don't forget you have DEEP, DMV, Airport Police, MTA, 3rd party users, PSAP consolettes (ASTRO Spectra based), etc etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.