Clearwater PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tryton

Just a quick FYI. I will be hosting the Clearwater PD. New sound card and cables should be in by Monday. Enjoy

Tryton

wsk1990

Just a quick FYI. I will be hosting the Clearwater PD. New sound card and cables should be in by Monday. Enjoy

Tryton

Great to hear!

I've noticed the Clearwater RR page is overdue for an update..been picking up a number of unidentified TGs lately, mostly public works which I'm working to identify, but 15-157 seems to be a PD dispatch though it's currently unlisted. There are already assigned TGs for all 3 patrol districts, so I'm not sure what this would be.

Any ideas?

mitbr

Interesting FYI I was asked to take my Clearwater PD feed down per PD request.
As you may or may not know I was hosting the feed for over 10 years. I complied with the request for fear of them going to encryption.
Tim

Last edited:

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
Interesting FYI I was asked to take my Clearwater PD feed down per PD request.
As you may or may not know I was hosting the feed for over 10 years. I complied with the request for fear of them going to encryption.
Tim

And thank you for doing so...

mk262

Premium Subscriber
And thank you for doing so...

It looks like Tryton is broadcasting tac talkgroups as well (TOS violation). Largo channel 2 doesn't sound like dispatch.

1tpI8dM.png

VgxYM9j.png

Last edited:

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
It looks like Tryton is broadcasting tac talkgroups as well (TOS violation). Largo channel 2 doesn't sound like dispatch.

Enjoy scanning Pinellas County peeps...

We're not allowed to talk about "E" outside of the thread in the rants section so I'm going to remain silent.

mk262

Premium Subscriber
Enjoy scanning Pinellas County peeps...

We're not allowed to talk about "E" outside of the thread in the rants section so I'm going to remain silent.

It's unfortunate but despite the rules there is rampant violation by people broadcasting tac talkgroups and worse. There's zero oversight, even cursory.

mitbr

It's unfortunate but despite the rules there is rampant violation by people broadcasting tac talkgroups and worse. There's zero oversight, even cursory.

In my opinion there is zero oversight on this site because its all about the money.

Tryton

In my opinion there is zero oversight on this site because its all about the money.

I just got notification I was broadcasting this.. I just switched scanners and thought I had the lockouts all set. I will correct the issue when I get home from work.. Is their anything else you heard that is TOS Violation? Thanks for pointing it out..

mitbr

I just got notification I was broadcasting this.. I just switched scanners and thought I had the lockouts all set. I will correct the issue when I get home from work.. Is their anything else you heard that is TOS Violation? Thanks for pointing it out..

I was not the one who noticed the TOS violation but thanks for correcting it.
Did you see my post about Clearwater PD?

Tim

Tryton

I just chatted with Tim, The previous CPD Feed provider. I had no idea he was asked to take it down. I also do not want to see ENC. So I will not be hosting this feed. I am also thinking about dropping my other Police feed as well.. The last thing we all need in for a fully ENC Pinellas..

Tryton

(I will still keep the Fire & EMS feed going) As I believe it's a public service..

Last edited:

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
Thanks Tryton,

I know feed providers mean well but most law enforcement agencies simply do not like them. Encryption is spreading like cancer in Florida and the less fuel we add to the fire, the better.

Also farewell to all in case I'm banned.

mk262

Premium Subscriber

Well, I mean, the RR DB shows all of Largo's other channels as tac:

Largo PD Talkgroups

Largo PD Dispatch 18080
Largo PD Ch. 4 18176
Largo PD Ch. 5 18208
Largo PD Ch. 6 18240
Largo PD Ch. 7 18272
Largo PD Ch. 8 18304
Largo PD Ch. 9 18336
Largo PD Ch. 10 18368

All those bolded ones appear to be violations. I can't imagine Largo has more than 1 or 2 dispatch talkgroups. If it's not dispatch or special event, it's not supposed to be streamed.

mk262

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Tryton,

I know feed providers mean well but most law enforcement agencies simply do not like them. Encryption is spreading like cancer in Florida and the less fuel we add to the fire, the better.

Also farewell to all in case I'm banned.

The unfortunate part is all the ghetto yoyos with their boost mobile phones can straight up tap into public safety--the barriers to access (expensive scanners) are removed. If you look at who's listening especially at night you'll see a lot of cheap kyocera phones, etc.

wsk1990

Largo PD Talkgroups

Largo PD Dispatch 18080
Largo PD Ch. 4 18176
Largo PD Ch. 5 18208
Largo PD Ch. 6 18240
Largo PD Ch. 7 18272
Largo PD Ch. 8 18304
Largo PD Ch. 9 18336
Largo PD Ch. 10 18368

All those bolded ones appear to be violations. I can't imagine Largo has more than 1 or 2 dispatch talkgroups. If it's not dispatch or special event, it's not supposed to be streamed.

Appears that you're looking at the old TGs from the MOT II system, but yeah it's the same number of LPD channels logged for the P25 system. I can say for certain that LPD Ch. 1 (1130) is dispatch and in the clear, while the rest are tac and mostly ENC. Same thing goes for PPPD.

Also, after some further monitoring I've concluded that CPD TG 15-157 seems to be patching all 3 patrol district dispatch channels (East, West and Beach). Tampabaynews, I know you had posted a while back that Hillsborough was using temporary patches for their EDACS, so I'll monitor it for a while longer before I submit any updates to the RR page.

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
Appears that you're looking at the old TGs from the MOT II system, but yeah it's the same number of LPD channels logged for the P25 system. I can say for certain that LPD Ch. 1 (1130) is dispatch and in the clear, while the rest are tac and mostly ENC. Same thing goes for PPPD.

Also, after some further monitoring I've concluded that CPD TG 15-157 seems to be patching all 3 patrol district dispatch channels (East, West and Beach). Tampabaynews, I know you had posted a while back that Hillsborough was using temporary patches for their EDACS, so I'll monitor it for a while longer before I submit any updates to the RR page.

I wouldn't submit any EDACS patches (15-xxx) to the database. They are temporary and can change on a day to day basis.

Similar to Clearwater... Tampa PD patches two sectors together during off-peak hours and the patch TGID's are never the same.

Provided you have the original TGID's programmed, a trunktracker scanner will always display the patch TGID and you won't miss the traffic.

wsk1990

I wouldn't submit any EDACS patches (15-xxx) to the database. They are temporary and can change on a day to day basis.

Similar to Clearwater... Tampa PD patches two sectors together during off-peak hours and the patch TGID's are never the same.

Provided you have the original TGID's programmed, a trunktracker scanner will always display the patch TGID and you won't miss the traffic.

Gotcha, good to know
Thanks!

tpredmore

Largo PD Talkgroups

Largo PD Dispatch 18080
Largo PD Ch. 4 18176
Largo PD Ch. 5 18208
Largo PD Ch. 6 18240
Largo PD Ch. 7 18272
Largo PD Ch. 8 18304
Largo PD Ch. 9 18336
Largo PD Ch. 10 18368

The only true dispatch channel for Largo is channel 1. Channel 2 is info, channel 3 is car-to-car, channel 4 is special detail (as of a few years ago) and channel 5 is used as dispatch channel for volunteers and other miscellaneous transmissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.