Santee Sheriff Dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Greeting's Folk's new ? For you I have been hearing SDSO Santee Dispatch on the north RCS did they move there recently to the north zone or have they been on there all of this time,Thought they were on the south zone like El Cajon & La Mesa PD Heartland FD etc,And I'm real lucky to even here the south zone from Ramona but I can at times.Again Thanks Folks

carlt

I believe that they have always had access to the North zone. The "dividing line" for north & south is SR52, and they sit right there. I have always heard them on both.

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
Santee Dispatch is enabled in the North cell so that Lakeside units operating on the Barona Reservation can communicate. Barona has places that only are served by the North or East cells.

You will hear it on the North only when there is a unit affiliated with the North cell.

StevenS

It is always cool to hear the reasoning behind these things. I totally forgot about Barona being that far north, necessitating affiliation with the north cell. But it makes total sense when you consider the location and the terrain out there.

celbaseman

Feed Provider
If, for instance, Poway dispatch is assigned to North zone, then how come when the local motor officer rides his motor unit home, somewhere in the south county; I have heard him make traffic stops or assist motorists on SR 125 and other roads I know are in the south area, but he calls in his status on Poway Dispatch. How come he is able to get into Poway dispatch in the south zone?

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
The boundaries are not hard. One of the sites in the North Cell is Mt. Woodson, which looks right down SR-125, and 'sees' a lot of the higher areas south of 52 and south of 8. (He also may be on Rural, as they are often patched and share the same dispatcher.)

Status
Not open for further replies.