Win-500 adding Conv objects

Status
Not open for further replies.

flinx

under the conv objects tab I have 14 scan lists when I create them and select them it says:
NOTE
there are no CONV objects defined.
to create a new CONV object, first click on the grid header above. Next, select "new item at end" from the "Edit" menu.

I do that and nothing happens.
How do I add lists?

RDGDigital

I'm not quite sure what you're asking, but I'll give it a shot and try to answer.

Normally you would create an object first and then assign it to a Scan List. There are already 20 Scan lists that you can assign object to, you can't create any more. If you're trying to add a conventional frequency to a Scan List, first select the "CONV Objects" tab, then from the "Edit" menu select "New Item at end" (or just press Ctrl+Shift+N). This will create an object pre-populated with information. Just edit this object with the Frequency, Alpha Tag and Scan List you want it assigned to.

I hope this helps since like I said I'm not exactly sure if this is what you were asking.

TES

. . . and it does not work. . .
At what point in RDGDigital's procedure does it not work?

1. first select the "CONV Objects" tab
  2. then from the "Edit" menu select "New Item at end" (or just press Ctrl+Shift+N). This will create an object pre-populated with information.
  3. Just edit this object with the Frequency, Alpha Tag and Scan List you want it assigned to.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Don't forget when you create a new object, the default place it shows up is in scanlist 1, then edit it for other scanlists. See photo below, left click in the gray area pop up menu shows, select new item at end.

Last edited:

flinx

That's what the problem was.

See I would select only the scan list I wanted and click create new item at the bottom.

I assumed that if one was on a specific scan list and one attempted to create a scan list item it would create it in that scan list.

There were about 50 new items from my attempts to get this to work.

The instructions should tell you that the new item will default to scan list 1 and you have to change it.

Status
Not open for further replies.