Pro-96 Jefferson County

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to get my two Pro-96s working correctly. The majority of the time the scanner works fine. However, occasionally the scanner will miss traffic or just not pick anything for a long period of time. I'm assuming it's something set wrong or a missing frequency somewhere.

Also, I've noticed that for some reason the Center Point talkgroup for the Sheriff almost always sounds great on both scanners. However, almost all of the Birmingham PD talkgroups sound horrible. That doesn't make sense to me at all since they're on the same system. Seems like they should both sound the same, but they don't.

In addition, I've noticed that if I program in only the simulcast site frequencies then I start missing traffic from JCSO CP, but I pick up the Birmingham PD talkgroups reliably although the decoding is still pretty bad. If I program in the Palmerdale site and the Simulcast site then I pick up JCSO CP reliably but get almost no traffic at all from the Birmingham PD talkgroups.

What's going on here?

Both scanners have 800mhz antennas. Both are using DSP 1.4. Both have been set up for the rebanded system.

If I'm in the Pinson area what site or sites should I have programmed into my scanners?

Last edited:
Lock out all repeaters except Huffman and Palmerdale if your in the Pinson area. I am in Clay and can get all of BPD, FD, JCSO using just those two repeaters, however, I am using a BCD436HP.

Thanks for the response. I'll give that a try. When you say to use the Huffman and Palmerdale sites should I only program in the control channels for those sites or all of the frequencies?

Thanks for the response. I'll give that a try. When you say to use the Huffman and Palmerdale sites should I only program in the control channels for those sites or all of the frequencies?

I dont own the scanner your using but if you are not able to lock out just the specific sites then just program the frequencies for the sites you want to use.

Yeah, the Pro-96 lets me lock out specific sites. I programmed in all the control channels for all of the sites and locked out all but the Huffman and Palmerdale control channels.

Seems to be working great so far. My decode for Birmingham and Jefferson County is very clear and I don't seem to be missing any traffic.

I'll keep any eye on them to be sure that everything continues to work correctly.

Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.